How to wear a Kelly casually?

Laetitya

Balenciaga Bumblebee
Jul 2, 2007
Hello ladies,
My mother has given me her Kelly which she barely used for my 30th birthday. It is absolutely beautiful, a rich brick red with goldtone hardware. However, I usually dress rather casually and normally opt for less structured handbags such as Balenciaga. I am not trying to sound ungrateful as I know how beautiful this bag is however it does not really suit my lifestyle as it is. Do you have any ideas of how to wear it more casually or make it looks slightly younger? Perhaps by adding a longer strap?
I doubt I would ever be able to exchange it for a Birkin as I seem to remember those are more expensive than Kellys, right? Thank you!

Attachments

• kelly.jpg
    kelly.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 37,722
I saw one on luxury shops a bit back and I think it was around $500 on the secondary market? Sorry, not sure what it would be new. ITA with the suggestions on wearing with the canvas strap does dress it down a bit.

Gorgeous Kelly, I do hope you enjoy her! :flowers:

LAETITYA.........I've seen a lot of young stars carrying Kelly's! By using the strap, it gives your bag a much more casual look. When it's on your arm.........it's a little more formal! Enjoy your Kelly......it's Beautiful!! What an incredible gift from your Mother.........:heart:
attachment.php

Reactions: sfadman
Or Nicky Hilton carries hers with the flap in (although not sure how much weight it would take this way)

Attachments

• nicky_hilton_black_kelly1.jpg
    nicky_hilton_black_kelly1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 29,373
  • nicky_hilton_black_kelly2.jpg
    nicky_hilton_black_kelly2.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 26,894
lest we forget the pic that started it all (for me, anyway :smile:

Renee Zellweger with her croc Kelly and canvas strap

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments