Authenticate This Burberry >>> Please read the rules & use the format in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
item: blk patent belt
#: 270548883806
seller: blueocean91
link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270548883806&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

hi ladies, is this belt authentic? attached are pics i took after receiving it. thanks!

Hi:

Instinct says fake.

The stamps look muddy to me, AND the size is unusual for a belt made in the UK. Is it genuine leather/patent leather? This would be your biggest clue - fake belts are rarely genuine leather. Belt looks warped and the buckle is not engraved - stitching looks poor.

T

Last edited:
Hi:

Instinct says fake.

The stamps look muddy to me, AND the size is unusual for a belt made in the UK. Is it genuine leather/patent leather? This would be your biggest clue - fake belts are rarely genuine leather. Belt looks warped and the buckle is not engraved - stitching looks poor.

T

i was thinking the same too. i don't think it's genuine patent leather. thanks always for your help!

Thanks, I would just like to clarify, would Burberry really sell over runs? Is there a Burberry Factory Overruns botique like Levi's?

Well, there are often items labeled Burberry factory - you see items online for sale marketed as factory items. There is a line of factory goods - I had a sweater once, the label stated Burberry factory.

If anyone out there knows more, please chime in.

But the factory items are not like bag replicas - or cheap versions of the designer bags.
Hope this helps.
T

Well, there are often items labeled Burberry factory - you see items online for sale marketed as factory items. There is a line of factory goods - I had a sweater once, the label stated Burberry factory.

If anyone out there knows more, please chime in.

But the factory items are not like bag replicas - or cheap versions of the designer bags.
Hope this helps.
T

Thanks a lot. The seller claimed it has a factory defect that's why it is cheap. Would burberry really sell items with defects at a lower price? I think a lot of sellers claim that the items they sell are cheap because they have some sort of minor defects. I dont really believe them but is it true?

Thanks a lot. The seller claimed it has a factory defect that's why it is cheap. Would burberry really sell items with defects at a lower price? I think a lot of sellers claim that the items they sell are cheap because they have some sort of minor defects. I dont really believe them but is it true?

No, that is not true - I would suspect that the seller is just trying to sell a knock-off or a replica.

However there are many bargains on ebay of USED items - the REAL thing with minor wear (or major wear).

T

Status
Not open for further replies.