Second Chance offer on $1,200 handbag

LVLUVS

Mar 19, 2010
I wanted to get some advice, before I accept a second chance offer. I was bidding on a LV Galleria Azur and I lost out at the last second. I just received a second chance offer from this new seller( 5 feedbacks) and she has never sold anything on ebay yet. In her message with the second chance offer, she states she does not feel comfortable selling her handbag to the winning bidder, since they live in a different country. Would you accept her offer? TIA

I actually just extended a second choice offer on an item of that value to a buyer after the winner of my auction delayed payment for two weeks and then said she could not afford the bag. So second chance offers aren't always sketchy. Make sure you have the item authenticated, check the seller's feedback and pay through paypal.

I garee second chance offers are not always sketchy. I would just have it authenticated first. Do you have the auction link? Is this a GM? I have been seeing PM go from 600-900.

I once bought an LV on a second chance offer. They said the winner couldn't pay... it was only like a few hours later. Everything worked out fine. I agree with the girls... get it authenticated FIRST... if you haven't already.... Good luck

Sometimes second chance offers are the product of the seller's shill bidding, so maybe you should check that out as well. This is especially obvious if the seller has offered you the item very shortly after you have lost it. If it was just you and the winning "international bidder" competing for the bag at the very end, I think you should be able to get it at a lower price, especially since the seller could have blocked international bidders from bidding on the auction... JMO

there really is nothing wrong with accepting a second chance offer.. legitimate

situations do occur from buyers.. however, would make sure your item is totally

authentic, complete the transaction via paypal and pay with a cc..

I actually just accepted a 2nd chance offer. It was great bc it was now considered a BIN so I was able to CB it! So it was even cheaper than what I was willing to pay. :biggrin:

But like the others reiterated, do your hw. If something sounds sketchy, walk away. Just today I had an offer for a separate listing outside of ebay wanting me to pay with a cashier's check.

I too agree it can be shill bidding especially after very short period after the auction ended.
BUT if you think the price is what you are willing to pay (off course have it ******************) WHY NOT?
maybe the original buyer have buyer remorse or just simply can't affort and wants to have fun in bidding auction?

Thank you for all of the advice. This is the first chance I have had to get back on my computer and I need to get this handbag authenticated first. What concerns me is that this new ebayer has never sold anything on ebay before. It could also be shill bidding, since she sent me the second chance offer two seconds after the auction ended. I will let everyone know if I accept the offer.

Thank you for all of the advice. This is the first chance I have had to get back on my computer and I need to get this handbag authenticated first. What concerns me is that this new ebayer has never sold anything on ebay before. It could also be shill bidding, since she sent me the second chance offer two seconds after the auction ended. I will let everyone know if I accept the offer.

It could just be that they are paranoid about shipping overseas. They sound pretty inexperienced. As others have said. If it authenticates OK and they can prove they have it - have them send a photo with today's date written on a paper in the photo, then you should be ok.

I have had people cancel within a second of winning. It's enormously frustrating when you are selling something.

It could just be that they are paranoid about shipping overseas. They sound pretty inexperienced. As others have said. If it authenticates OK and they can prove they have it - have them send a photo with today's date written on a paper in the photo, then you should be ok.

I have had people cancel within a second of winning. It's enormously frustrating when you are selling something.

Thank you. I just went to my ebay messages to click on the second chance offer, so I could email the seller to get more pictures and ebay is not allowing me to contact the seller. It also states the second chance offer has already expired. That's really weird, since it's only been less than 24 hours.

Thank you. I just went to my ebay messages to click on the second chance offer, so I could email the seller to get more pictures and ebay is not allowing me to contact the seller. It also states the second chance offer has already expired. That's really weird, since it's only been less than 24 hours.

Well. I reckon they really wanted a fast sale, offered it to you and someone else at the same time perhaps. Not a brilliant strategy in my opinion, but they might do it if they were willing to take a risk. Perhaps you are better off after all. Seems complicated. Hope another beautiful bag comes your way soon.