? About Canceling Transaction/Seller Not Responding

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Hello.
I won an auction (Best Offer format) on Saturday morning,the 27th. I started to pay right away, but the shipping that showed on the payment page was $2.50 higher than the auction stated. So I did not pay and instead requested a total from the seller, and I explained the shipping discrepancy.
Yesterday, the 29th, I still had not heard anything from the seller so I sent another email, this time through the "ask a question" link. And I have not heard anything today.
I am a bit upset that I haven't had a response to my two emails. Frankly, I would just like to cancel the transaction and buy from someone else. This is not for a purse, it is for some antique glassware. I don't want a non-paying bidder strike.
Is there an Ebay rule about this situation? I searched the Help topics but did not find anything helpful.

I would wait a bit longer. Sometimes its hard to tell what is going on in someone's life and there may be a legitimate reason the seller hasn't gotten back to you yet. I would give it a week.

I'm sure the seller can't strike you as a NPB, but I'm not sure about that. The buyer has the power to cancel the transaction since the buyer can't. I've had a couple of people do that when I added mandatory insurance cost and they inquired before writing them back. Just wait until the seller responds. I'd call Ebay to confirm the question. You can also ask the question in the community center.

Who knows why sellers don't respond right away? There could be a good reason.

Only the seller can initiate a cancellation of the transaction. She can initiate an NPB, either mutual (no strike) or unilateral (strike) but I can't imagine she would do the latter. It makes no sense. If she did though, I'm sure you could appeal to ebay and have the strike removed.

Who knows why sellers don't respond right away? There could be a good reason.

Only the seller can initiate a cancellation of the transaction. She can initiate an NPB, either mutual (no strike) or unilateral (strike) but I can't imagine she would do the latter. It makes no sense. If she did though, I'm sure you could appeal to ebay and have the strike removed.

That's what I would think. Save the invoice if poss. So you can show paypal why you didn't pay, but I would give her more time. Sorry I am sure it is super annoying. The only other option you have is to pay the extra and ask for a refund later (in exchange for good feedback).

In this case, you should stand your ground and wait for the seller to respond... you should also msg them that you want to cancel the transaction if they don't adjust the shipping to what was originally listed. This happened to me recently and the seller was not happy with me, but i stood my ground and got the adjusted invoice to reflect the auction correctly.

If the seller gives you a neutral, you can always neg/neutral them back for charging more than the listed shipping fee. That's information another buyer would want to know before purchasing from the seller.

Well my seller replied this morning. He said that he did not know where I was getting my shipping amount from, the higher amount was what he charged.
I replied that I was getting that amount from his auction page, under his shipping details. I have not heard anything else since then.
I hope he is checking his own auction and comes back with an invoice reflecting the lower shipping! I won't complete the transaction otherwise.

Well my seller replied this morning. He said that he did not know where I was getting my shipping amount from, the higher amount was what he charged.
I replied that I was getting that amount from his auction page, under his shipping details. I have not heard anything else since then.
I hope he is checking his own auction and comes back with an invoice reflecting the lower shipping! I won't complete the transaction otherwise.

All sounds weird. If I had a seller come to me and tell me I was over charging I would check and get back really quick with an explination and or the proper invoice. I guess it is easier for him to accuse you of being wrong. Hopefully he will figuer it out so you can pay. And if he can't he should just deduct the 2.50 if he wants his money.

He said that Ebay put the wrong postage on his auction page, and he offered to mail my glasses Parcel Post for about 50 cents more than the rate listed on the auction page. I told him to cancel the transaction.
A good seller would have honored the rate that was posted in the auction, Ebay mistake or not.

he said that ebay put the wrong postage on his auction page, and he offered to mail my glasses parcel post for about 50 cents more than the rate listed on the auction page. I told him to cancel the transaction.
A good seller would have honored the rate that was posted in the auction, ebay mistake or not.

ita