Winners is getting posh!

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
I was in the new Winners in Leaside (Toronto) yesterday and they had small numbers of bags by......Burberry!, Fendi!, Rebecca Minkoff, Michael Kors, Coach, and Kate Spade. :yahoo:

If you aren't familiar with Winners - they sell mid-range designer clothing and bags from the previous season at big discounts. I don't know if they have them in the US but the TJ Maxx some of the ladies talk about sounds similar.

Most of the bags are brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Guess, Kathy van Zeeland, Liz Claibourne, etc. I've seen the odd Coach or Kate Spade before, but I've never seen a bag over $150 (discounted price) there until now.

I saw one lady with her 11-12 year old daughter and the daughter was looking at a cute little "speedy" shape bag with pink hearts all over it and burgundy leather where the vachetta would be on a Speedy. Her mother said it was cute and asked her how much, kind of like she would buy it for her - $449 (marked down from $625 (it was Burberry!)...so, uh, no, you can't have that one! I also saw a Fendi for $1,100 (retail $1,600), and probably 15-20 of these mid/high range bags in total.

My guess is they've decided to bring in a small number of higher end bags so people like me will keep coming back to see what's new. Costco does that, but I've never seen anything higher than Coach there. If nothing else it's interesting to be able to see them up close and compare the quality - you don't usually get to paw over a Fendi or Burberry without an SA glaring at you!

Last edited:
I've been seeing more Michael Kors at the College location too, and many locations carry random pairs of Coach shoes. I like stopping by Winners every so often, you can usually find something if you're willing to hunt around.

I swear that all the discount shops are always the best in Toronto.
I remember years ago, Winners had Prada handbags that were in the $1000 range in Downtown Vancouver only. I haven't gone into Winners since forever, but I know that they are selling Juicy, and Coach now.. Wish our discount shops would rival the ones in the states like Nordstrom Rack or Neiman Marcus's Last Call.
I was in heaven when I went to Vegas and visited those places.

There's a couple of Winners stores in Winnipeg that I can't stand going into. They're dirty, cloths lying all over the floor, and it smells like a$$ when you walk through the doors.

off topic but, i can't stand clothes shopping at winners!!

i've never really browsed through the purses bc i wouldn't think they'd carry any name brand that interests me... but i sure will now!

Hi, I am Joan. ([email protected])
How are you?
This is Joan from China. We are the wholesaler of designer bags, shoes, jewelry, accessories. Branded: LV, GUCCI, COACH, CHANEL, YSL, CARTIER, BURBERRY, FENDI, MARC JACOBS, MIUMIU, VERSACE, PRADA, BALENGIACA, CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN, DIOR, ALEXANDER WANG, FERRAGAMO, CHOLE, JIMMY CHOO, MANOLO BLAHNIK, TORY, LANVIN, GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI.
If you have interested in my products, please send email to me.

Products catalog: http://picasaweb.google.com/co925knockoff
Minimum order $200
Delivery time: 5-7 working days
Shipping method: EMS
Payment method: western union, money gram, PayPal
Business email: [email protected], [email protected]
I am looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Joan

Joan read this forum rules. We also don't buy knockoffs here. Shame on you for selling them.

Mods please delete.

There's a couple of Winners stores in Winnipeg that I can't stand going into. They're dirty, cloths lying all over the floor, and it smells like a$$ when you walk through the doors.

I totally know what you mean. If I'm feeling like a challenge, I'll head into Winners in Winnipeg but I have not been for awhile now. I am curious to see if we get anything higher priced than COACH in this city...lol!

Well, every few months, they have a "Runway Event" where they bring in higher end brands (brands vary depending on location). It's really just the luck of the draw. They've had this for several years now, and some locations just end up carrying the runway brands year long.

In 08, I bought a pair of AUTHENTIC Gucci 18k and Diamond studs for $300 cause they put it in the clearance section (it never even made it to the normal display case!!), but they retail for $700 ish. Great deal if you ask me!

Many times, they have awesome deals for sunglasses too. Like $40 for Cavalli, Versace...etc.

I notice in "downtown" locations, they have the best variety in terms of higher end brands. I've seen Gucci, Fendi, Versace, Coach, Botkier, and Treesje at the downtown location of the Winners here.

No such thing at the Winners here. We get Forever21, Tommy Hilfiger, KVZ, Nine West and tons of Guess for handbags and shoes. Also XOXO bags are huge at the two Winners here. Like Northergirl, the Winners here is not kept up well with clothes all over the floor and the change rooms are really dusty and dirty. Then again people here thinks Forever21 is designer.

I was in the new Winners in Leaside (Toronto) yesterday and they had small numbers of bags by......Burberry!, Fendi!, Rebecca Minkoff, Michael Kors, Coach, and Kate Spade. :yahoo:

If you aren't familiar with Winners - they sell mid-range designer clothing and bags from the previous season at big discounts. I don't know if they have them in the US but the TJ Maxx some of the ladies talk about sounds similar.

Most of the bags are brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Guess, Kathy jordan xi van Zeeland, Liz Claibourne, etc. I've seen the odd Coach or Kate Spade before, but I've never seen a bag over $150 (discounted price) there until now.

I saw one lady with her 11-12 year old daughter and the daughter was looking at a cute little "speedy" shape bag with pink hearts all over it and burgundy leather where the vachetta would be on a Speedy. Her mother said it was cute and asked her how much, kind of like she would buy it for her - $449 (marked down from $625 (it was Burberry!)...so, uh, no, you can't have that one! I also saw a Fendi for $1,100 (retail $1,600), and probably 15-20 of these mid/high range bags in total.

My guess is they've decided to bring in a small number of higher end bags so people like me will keep coming back to see what's new. Costco does that, but I've never seen anything higher than Coach there. If nothing else it's interesting to be able to see them up close and compare the quality - you don't usually get to paw over a Fendi or Burberry without an SA glaring at you!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
haha yea if my daughter asked me for a purse over like 40$ I'd be like umm no lol. Depends how old she is too I would go more expensive the older she got but never that price range lol

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
haha yea if my daughter asked me for a purse over like 40$ I'd be like umm no lol. Depends how old she is too I would go more expensive the older she got but never that price range lol

If you've never seen this bag, it really did look like a child's purse that anyone over 12 would feel funny carrying - no offense to anyone who has one.

Winners sorts their bags by color (makes sense if you think about it, since most women have a few bags and if they are buying a new one it's to go with a specific outfit) so you are looking at $40-$50 bags and suddenly find something gorgeous and then get 'sticker shock'!

Last edited:
I have not been in Winners in a while, but I do like when they have the Runway Event. I've puchased Juicy, Theory, Pink Tartan, Elie Tahari, it is a hit or miss, but you can find some cute stuff.
I've also seen Coach shoes and purses, Burberry purses and the occassional Fendi purses and wallets.

I have not been in Winners in a while, but I do like when they have the Runway Event. I've puchased Juicy, Theory, Pink Tartan, Elie Tahari, it is a hit or miss, but you can find some cute stuff.
I've also seen Coach shoes and purses, Burberry purses and the occassional Fendi purses and wallets.