Who would still buy LV from a store with rude SA?

Mar 27, 2010
Just had a horrible experience with very rude male SA. Wondering if I should not buy from this store or make the trip to another store for the purchase? Or should I forgo LV altogether and buy Gucci? I should say that I have had very good experiences with the female SAs in this store. . .they have actually been just fantastic. Let me know your thoughts. . .thanks all! :smile:

Wouldn't put me off the entire company of LV. Perhaps that store only, if I keep getting the same service from other SAs in it as well.
Seems like the other female SAs are okay, so I wouldn't abolish the idea of not shopping there ever again. I'd just never buy from that male SA.

buy from the store, just not the SA. sometimes people have bad days and some times they are just rude and dont like their jobs. dont take it out on the BRAND, just releave the negativity of the person from you. hope it works out and you make your LV purchase

buy from the store, just not the SA. sometimes people have bad days and some times they are just rude and dont like their jobs. dont take it out on the BRAND, just releave the negativity of the person from you. hope it works out and you make your LV purchase

Don't let anyone steal your joy!!;)

Lately, been hearing a lot of horrible LV SA stories. Customer service of LV is becoming worse perhaps? But I agree, sometimes, the treatment you get from the store really affect your choice of brands.

Just had a horrible experience with very rude male SA. Wondering if I should not buy from this store or make the trip to another store for the purchase? Or should I forgo LV altogether and buy Gucci? I should say that I have had very good experiences with the female SAs in this store. . .they have actually been just fantastic. Let me know your thoughts. . .thanks all! :smile:

May I ask what happened?

I will still buy LV from the same store but NOT from the same rude SA. To me, that is not acceptable and will definitely make him more sorry for losing a client, more of losing sales- I heard they get bonuses based from sales performance.

I have to share my two cents. I was recently in NYC and went to the 5th Ave. store and had my heart set on getting a new Epi in cassis. The rude SA who acted like she didn't have time for me, even though she was not busy and was just standing around when I asked to try some bags on, completely turned me off. I was only in the city for 2 days. I walked over to Gucci and fell in love with a Guccisma sukey (yes I know not the same as Epi cassis) and bought it on the spot, from a very friendly SA! I spent the same or more than I was planning at the LV store too. Service to me is huge!

I've had that happen in an LV boutique before, and it made me SO mad :cursing::censor::mad:...from now on I'll go to a different one, or just order from the LV website. The SA's are on commission, and I sure as heck wouldn't have wanted that horrid woman to earn commission from a purchase that I made! I would make dead sure that she got NO extra money from selling me something!

I haven't been treated rude in any boutique that I have visited or purchased from. However, if the situation should occur, I would ask for the manager on the spot, report the poor customer service and informed them of the lost sale then leave.

Hopefully, the manager would use the situation as a coaching opportunity for the SA to prevent the same behavior in the future. Now, depending on how badly I want my bag, I would go back and see if I am treated better.

Well, what happened was. . .I had a Palermo GM on reserve and I called the store to see if it had come in and was informed that it had. So I went to the store (mind you, after a horrible day at work. . .so this was my bright spot), and this male SA just copped an attitude with me. Apparently a call center had answered my call and given me the incorrect info. But he was like, "Well, I am the only male SA in the store today, and I didn't talk to you, and I checked all the stock today and YOUR bag did not come in. Its not here. Don't know what else to tell you." At that point, I just walked out of the store.

But I think you all are right, the lady SA that helped me before was so awesome, I am going to buy from her. :smile: And just FYI, my husband called the store and reported the rude SA. I hope he is fired.

Well, what happened was. . .I had a Palermo GM on reserve and I called the store to see if it had come in and was informed that it had. So I went to the store (mind you, after a horrible day at work. . .so this was my bright spot), and this male SA just copped an attitude with me. Apparently a call center had answered my call and given me the incorrect info. But he was like, "Well, I am the only male SA in the store today, and I didn't talk to you, and I checked all the stock today and YOUR bag did not come in. Its not here. Don't know what else to tell you." At that point, I just walked out of the store.

But I think you all are right, the lady SA that helped me before was so awesome, I am going to buy from her. :smile: And just FYI, my husband called the store and reported the rude SA. I hope he is fired.

wow that does suck! hopefully the SA will be reprimanded. there is no reason they should treat ppl meanly, esp not their customers.

unless it was something i could not find anywhere else or i was getting it duty free i would NOT buy from a LV w/ a rude SA. i wouldnt even bother with dealing w/ another SA, i would simply order online or from 866 vuitton