LV lovers, what do you like to use in the evening?

ashlend

Sep 9, 2006
Of course an LV pochette is nice for casual-ish going out (although a bit ubiquitous), but what do you use for a formal evening bag, say at a black tie dinner? It seems to me that LV doesn't really make anything appropriate so I figured I would get some ideas from you ladies- since we all love LV maybe we have similar taste in other bags as well :yes:

Ash

Good question, I don't think I've used an LV for a formal occation yet, but I plan to as I just bought a white MC Shirley from a friend :wlae: and I have yet to use my Spring Street.

The bags from the new satin line would be perfect for evening.

p11291886_ph_hero.jpg

p11291827_ph_hero.jpg

have you seen the (i think it is new) black mini-lin looking papillion? i don't know its name, its in a case in the boca lv, and is GORGEOUS!

I was having the same dilemma last night, what to carry, I had nothing! Oddly enough. For a very formal, all black outfit, cocktail party and dinner at a senators home, what the heck to carry? I went with an old leather clutch, but really wished I had something NICE. After all, how often do you really get to dress up like that? I kinda like it!

This fall I attended a black tie affair with work, we had a private viewing of a russian symphony @ Carnegie Hall.......I wore a Max Mara silk dress in a beige/pink color and my noisette vernis pochette was perfect with it, I love vernis for evening bags, the new red will be beautiful to wear with black!

Yeah the Aumoniere is gorgeous but super hard to open. I tried out all 3 styles they had and you just about put dents in your thumbs trying to get them open.
Anyway, like most others, I use one of my pochettes..lately it's been the gold Miroir one.

have you seen the (i think it is new) black mini-lin looking papillion? i don't know its name, its in a case in the boca lv, and is GORGEOUS!

I don't THINK it's new...it's from the satin line...which was available a few years ago. It came in red and black, I think.

I think the Miroir Pochettes are suitable for evening occasions (I've used mine twice for that purpose) as well as the Aumonieres that ayla suggested...those are beautiful!! :tender: