biggest Prada disappointment?

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
Either 1 or 2 years ago, I went to the Prada Soho store. They had these gorgeous croc trunks displayed. I saw a hatbox, absolutely gorgeous. The salesguy approached me, asked if I was interested. I asked for the price. According to the tag it was $12,000. That is actually a really great price for something that size in croc!

But then the SA went to the computer to check, but the tag was mismarked. It was over twice the amount. The reason for the tag price was because no one bought it, so they kept increasing the price.

No idea what I would do with a heavy hatbox anyway, but it was so beautiful. :sad:

What was your biggest Prada disappointment?

Sorry I'm new to Prada but Pleather is synthetic leather right?

I dunno why but everytime I checked with the SAs in the boutiques, they always claim that lining is real leather (as is the entire bag)... ???

Sorry I'm new to Prada but Pleather is synthetic leather right?

I dunno why but everytime I checked with the SAs in the boutiques, they always claim that lining is real leather (as is the entire bag)... ???

Yes. Those linings are fake leather. The outside of the bags are real leather....well, so far anyway..

Don't blame the SAs though. They haven't been trained to know the difference or told what it is. If they HAVE been told and they are still selling it to unwary customers, then Prada needs a class action suit slapped on them. Talk about fraud!

When this junk first came out, all the usual online places I shop were saying it was leather. Then slowly, you started seeing "faux leather" then "synthetic leather" then "leather like lining" but too often, the store SAs still call it leather. Utterly deceptive.

What's really deceptive is that if you've been buying Prada for many years, they USED to put real leather in their bags, so if you saw this stuff (and weren't overcome by the petroleum fumes), you'd naturally assume it was real leather.

As many gorgeous bags as there are right now, I REFUSE to buy any Prada bag except the ones with the signature monogram lining. There's a new bag out for SS that has what appears to be suede lining, but I have my suspicions that it's a quality moleskin type fabric. Haven't been able to confirm that yet.

All of this deception might be marginally forgivable if the prices reflected fake leather, but I've seen several bags with this junk priced WAY over the 2K mark. :mad:

It's a toss-up between the antik finish and the metallic finish! :mad: Hate both!

:heart:

As a rule, I agree with you on metallic finishes. The one exception is the metallic on lambskin. Here's "Golden Goose" as I call her. She's four years old and still perfect. :tup:

n1411898213_30084011_7640.jpg

Begging the question: "If they can get it right on lambskin, why not on the other leathers??" :confused1:

WOW! :love: She's beautiful . . . I can't believe she's FOUR years old.

:heart:

As a rule, I agree with you on metallic finishes. The one exception is the metallic on lambskin. Here's "Golden Goose" as I call her. She's four years old and still perfect. :tup:

sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1980/220/53/1411898213/n1411898213_30084011_7640.jpg

Begging the question: "If they can get it right on lambskin, why not on the other leathers??" :confused1:

Dad bought a shaded camel bag in Milan...brought it back to singapore before bringing it to canada for me...the entire bag is now covered in cracks =.=

Brought it to prada store at holt, the SA suggested a baby moisturizing cream for the bag...but nothing helped...not even leather moisturizers...

sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1980/220/53/1411898213/n1411898213_30084011_7640.jpg

PP....You have THE MOST AWESOME collection I have ever seen. You never cease to amaze me by your bags...you lucky lucky girl:yahoo: