Strap Shortening on NP & So Prives ~ Advice needed from ladies that had it done!

CelticLuv

♥ CL Shoe Addict ♥
O.G.
Jun 18, 2009
I have a couple pairs of Numero Prives and one So Private. They are all just slightly too big, maybe half a size. I can wear them with tip toe pads but eventually the straps at the back will slip and fall off, even when I've tried Strappy Strips (which actually came off on my favorite pair and tore off a small piece of the inner leather:cry:smile:.

I've read here about getting the strap at the back shortened at a cobblers and that it's an easy fix. One of my shoe repair guys says it's about $10, does that sound right??

My actual question is this: for all you ladies that have had your straps shortened, how MUCH did you have taken out or tell the cobbler to cut out (half size, etc)? or did he just know?
This will be my first time getting it done and I'm a bit nervous it might end up too tight or somehow the cobbler will mess it up (I haven't found any references here on a good cobbler in South NJ so I'm going by google consumer reviews). I plan on handing over only one pair 1st to see how he does then giving him my other 2 pairs to fix.

Thank you ladies!!!

(I know there are previous posts on this topic but the last was from 2008 so I thought to start a new question).

I have had the straps shortened on my yoyo zeppa and NP. When I took my shoes to the cobblers, he asked me to put on the shoe on and he then measured the amount that needed to be shortened. He did this by pinching the straps and marking it with a pen. It is pretty much the same process when you get your clothes altered/taken in. HTH.

if you find a good cobbler in south jersey let me know. the only one i heard was good wouldn't help my CLs...i needed them cleaned and the strap shortened but he didn't clean shoes (evident by the grime on his hands...i was scared to hand over my peach satin VNs) and when he said he didn't clean i forgot to ask about the straps. but for my CLs i am going to prefer a shop that i don't think my shoes will come back filthy from.

^ I've heard that DiGiulio's Shoes is good. They quoted me $10 for strap shortening over the phone. I haven't had a chance to stop in there yet. They also recently moved, they're now on Rte. 41/Kings Highway in Cherry Hill and still getting settled in.
I'll let you know how they do!

from what I understand they used to be on Haddonfield Road in Cherry Hill. location link. When I called their # that's when I found out they moved and the guy told me they're now across from the 41 Car Wash (on rte. 41).

I have had the straps shortened on my yoyo zeppa and NP. When I took my shoes to the cobblers, he asked me to put on the shoe on and he then measured the amount that needed to be shortened. He did this by pinching the straps and marking it with a pen. It is pretty much the same process when you get your clothes altered/taken in. HTH.

This is what the LeatherSpa did with my wife.