Another Alex Help Thread

K-Mac

O.G.
Nov 4, 2009
Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all having a good day and not hit by the snow (I mean what is it all about snow and we are nearly in April)

I'm sorry to start another Alexa thread (especially when it doesn't include a yummy reveal) but I didn't want to jump in on anyone elses.

I have nearly enough saved up now to buy my first Mulberry. The deliberation was a Black Bays or an Oak Regular Alexa. It seems the past few weeks I have been very settled on the Oak Alexa but then Mulberry go and throw a spanner in the works by releasing a Black (buffalo leather) Alexa on their website.

It should be the perfect compromise but to be honest I am not overly sure about it. Whats everyone's thoughts on it?

at first sight it just isn't as pretty as the other alexas in my opinion (but i am so fickle that could change). but then it could just be the poor quality of the website pictures.
i like the thought of the oak alexa because its fun and the colour of an old school satchel but then i like the the smart black of the bays.

i dont think anyone has mentioned seeing a black one in real life yet so I may hold off on discounting it too soon.

I think the black buffalo Alexa looks stunning, but then so does the Black Bays!
I suppose it comes down to how you will use the bag and if you would like the option to carry it messenger style.
I feel the Alexa is more casual, but I am not much help because I dont have a Bays to personally compare it to.

Tiree has the black lamb with snake trim Elvis.

The .com pictures are just useless, I wish mulberry would sort it out! I have to say I think the black buffalo will look lovely in person and very good on. Perhaps it is worth ordering, you have decided the Alexa style is the one beforehand.. now it is just the colour! The black sounds like the perfect medium, I think it will be easily dressed up and down. I think the problem is with the photographs of the black is that it looks quite flat, I am sure in reality it is a stunner.

I love the oak more than the black Alexa... i dont like the black with brass hardware... shinny gold like the OL would be nicer i think... Hard choice. Maybe wait until the black land in the stores and see it IRL. That might help you choose.

thanks for all the help everyone, much appreciated. at the moment i have a black radley messenger which is so battered and bruised because I use it all the time. maybe thats a sign a black messenger is best! (see fickle! :blush: )

will hopefully get the opportunity soon to go and do a side by side comparison of the oak and black and own my first Mulberry :yahoo:

That is definitely a sign that the black will really work for you long term :P the oak is lovely too but if you have previously loved and got lots of use from a black messenger that speaks volumes!

i think you should have a look at the black as you have said you get along with black bags, i agree pic on website looks a bit dull but im quickly learning the pictures are not that great and bags need to be seen irl. good luck

K-Mac, I'm actually a huge fan of black bags and I think that in theory the Black Buffalo Alexa will look great.
I don't think anyone has seen one irl yet.
If you have been saving up for a Mulberry, and are a fan of black bags anyway, I think it is worth waiting another little while to see the black version before deciding on the oak.
I am loving my Alexa in Ink and will be very keen to see the black.

having seen both in real..the black one definitely looks much more luxurious and the snake trim looks tasteful..the gunmetal hardware really sets it all off..if i did'nt have a severe snake phobia, this wud b a fab messenger...the leather quality is infinitely better than that used on the oak alexa i had reserved...the oak alexa leather is very variable in quality...