How often do you use your white or light colored Chanels?

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
I'm waiting for my vintage cream Chanel to arrive (zip top with tassel) and am lusting after a white one- a little bigger for everyday use. I have two black ones already (flap and vintage with top zipper) and a red one (tote). This one would be large enough to fit all my stuff - I would use it at night or daytime too. Am I crazy to get a white bag for daily use? I was thinking beige but so far none that I've seen are the right size. My mom always said white would get dirty.....but it's so beautiful! I would appreciate your opinions, TIA...:smile:

OP, . I am a proud owner of white caviar jumbo flap. It is such a gorgeous bag. I have this bag for almost a year and it still looks liked a new. However, I only use it during the weekend. But again... it depends on the person. If you are a careful person, any light colored bags should be OK for your everyday bag. (A caviar is a preferable leather for light colored bag since it is the most insensitive)

P.S : There is a thread a while back discussing about this subject http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/white-caviar-jumbo-classic-flap-good-everyday-bag-284716.html

Last edited:
Lots of threads on care for white bags, just do a search :idea: I use my white caviar flap at least once a week and wipe her down with a slightly damp piece of cloth after every use. All white leather will turn yellow eventually due to UV exposure (natural light), and the only way to get it back to white would be to redye the leather. But as long as you don't leave your purse out in the sun, it should be fine!

I got the lightest beige flap in caviar at Christmas and have yet to use it. I live in the UK which means it is definitely a 'summer' bag - CANNOT wait to use it though!

I use my white caviar all the time!! Think the gals also get tired of seeing all my action shots with her LOL!! White caviar is easier to maintain, I use baby wipe to clean her :smile:

I got the lightest beige flap in caviar at Christmas and have yet to use it. I live in the UK which means it is definitely a 'summer' bag - CANNOT wait to use it though!

I definitely know where you're coming from lauren! I cannot wait for it to just stop raining here in the uk and for us to get some sunshine so I can take my white caviar flap out! :coolio::sunshine:

Last edited:
I have treated all the purses so there is no fear in taking them out anywhere, any time. Without treating them, I wouldn't be so cavalier about using and just enjoying them. Life is too short not to get enjoyment from the things that are a smile, be they friends or things.

UK ladies, may the sun visit soon and often!!

I used my white GST almost everyday for about five months from March until August. I wasn't very carful and I realized that my denim was rubbing off on the bottom corner of my bag so I had to bring it to Chanel to clean and recondition the leather. Apparently I was using my bag so much the leather on the handles were cracking! But I love it, it went with everything and that pop of stark white really catches people's attention. :P

Interesting, It would never occur to me to worry about this....and luckily I have had no problem. I use my white caviar GST almost every day Spring and Summer. I have had her for three years now, so will probably send her to the "spa" after this summer just to bring her back to like new. But, three years lots of use, still looks great.

I have treated all the purses so there is no fear in taking them out anywhere, any time. Without treating them, I wouldn't be so cavalier about using and just enjoying them. Life is too short not to get enjoyment from the things that are a smile, be they friends or things.

UK ladies, may the sun visit soon and often!!

Thank you jmen! :smile:
ITA with you that life is too short to not enjoy our things, we all should enjoy the things that make us smile to the maximum!