Somebody Stop Me!!!!

kaybeeboyle

Dec 17, 2009
Ok, I'm just about to call my nearest HOF and ask them to hold an Oak Roxanne till tommorow. :sweatdrop:

I have a very, very pre-loved in Oak Darwin already but she isn't going to last forever.
I always thought I would buy a new NVT one day but I was thinking in a year or two. Now Mulberry threatening to axe her has forced my hand, or am I just totally suckered in by this 'are they or aren't they' getting rid campaign which Corries has rightly pointed out is very cunning marketing!!!
Don't know what to do!
Dilema won't end there as i also NEED a black one, but figure a gently pre-loved will be the way to go with that one. It's taken me a few years to figure out, but I now know that I am a Roxanne girl and none of the others quite give me that same feeling. I just love the idea of a brand new, totally unspoiled oak one to break in myself & keep forever.
If I do it I will have to hide it from DH as he thinks I am on a self imposed Mulberry buying ban, and I'll only be able to get it out after I have sold off the rest of my collection.

Am I MAD?

Somebody STOP ME!!!

My DH is exactly the same - as long as I don't go into debt he just accepts it. It does seem to be true that they are discontinuing though and seem to flying off the shelves.

My DH is exactly the same - as long as I don't go into debt he just accepts it. It does seem to be true that they are discontinuing though and seem to flying off the shelves.

... which will be the cue for Mulberry to go "Awww no, you know what? They are selling really well again .. so we wont discontinue them afterall!" .. & cue Mr Marketing Man or Mrs Marketing Woman to rub their hands together & grin like a cheshire cat!! ;)

You are all so right!

I have called HOF Meadowhell and the SA has 3 Oak Roxys of which she is going to hold the grainiest for me until tommorow.

Of course, she had not heard that they may be discontinued. It's all so confusing.

Am NOT going to feel bad about this though! Will sleep on it and see how i feel when i get there tommoro.

I wonder if I was allowed to spend that much money on a handbag whether that would make me less inclined to do it!!

Could be worse of course....i could be buying a new black one too!

Im not so sure- sadly- they seem to be keener to bring Mulberry up to date and more trendy and compete with other fashion brands rather than keep producing the classics for us boring few!!

There have been some wonderful black reveals on here recently- mind you canopy in Nottingham actually had the black roxy in their sale last year- 30% off - always worth a look in there I think- they often have up to 50% off purses etc at sale time