Shipping questions on ebay

LVLUVS

Mar 19, 2010
I just sold a brand new pair of Jimmy Choo shoes to a buyer in Australia and I wanted to ship the shoes via Express Mail, but she would like me to ship them them International Priority Mail. Will I be protected this way? I have read so many horror stories on the forum regarding shipping to Australia. I will also mark the invoice with the $600 price that I sold the shoes for. I also have one other question. I'm selling another one of my LV handbags and I cannot believe how many emails I get from potential bidders on when and where I bought my handbag. I will include a copy of my receipt, but I'm going to block out my credit card number. I feel some of these questions are intrusive or should I not feel this way?

- JimmyChoo shoes ; I live in australia i never had any problem with getting my stuff sent via from the states via first class / priority nor express *touchwood* But like evry mail service theres always horror stories of missing parcels stolen yadayadayadya .I'm preety sure you could send it via Priority + Signature confirmation ( Someone correct me if im wrong ) and most of all INSURE IT!!!!

- LV bags .. i think its cos there sooo much fakes on ebay and some people may not know how to tell if its real or not so i think they just want an "assurance" that its the real deal.. :smile:

- JimmyChoo shoes ; I live in australia i never had any problem with getting my stuff sent via from the states via first class / priority nor express *touchwood* But like evry mail service theres always horror stories of missing parcels stolen yadayadayadya .I'm preety sure you could send it via Priority + Signature confirmation ( Someone correct me if im wrong ) and most of all INSURE IT!!!!

- LV bags .. i think its cos there sooo much fakes on ebay and some people may not know how to tell if its real or not so i think they just want an "assurance" that its the real deal.. :smile:

Thank you for letting me know that you have never had any problem getting your shoes through Priority Mail. I will make sure I get the package insured too. Thank you for reminding me.

Also if you can , try getting signature confrmation for your safety , cos i know some time people steals parcels from houses and stuff .rather be safe than sorry :biggrin:

I just sold a brand new pair of Jimmy Choo shoes to a buyer in Australia and I wanted to ship the shoes via Express Mail, but she would like me to ship them them International Priority Mail. Will I be protected this way? I have read so many horror stories on the forum regarding shipping to Australia. I will also mark the invoice with the $600 price that I sold the shoes for. I also have one other question. I'm selling another one of my LV handbags and I cannot believe how many emails I get from potential bidders on when and where I bought my handbag. I will include a copy of my receipt, but I'm going to block out my credit card number. I feel some of these questions are intrusive or should I not feel this way?

Something else you could do is to have your LV bag pre-authenticated by http://www.caroldiva.com/ Carol is an authority on LV bags. You can get the details on pre-authenticating from her website. Doing this is a very small price to pay to avoid any headache later if you are dealing with a rookie or suspicious buyer. Carol's opinion is accepted by PayPal and eBay for settling claims on authenticity.

That's a great idea. I will also get signature confirmation. Thanks again

Agreed on this.

One more thing to do is to write the weight of the bag (before packing) on the postal slip, then the Postal Officer writes the final packaged weight.

Something else you could do is to have your LV bag pre-authenticated by http://www.caroldiva.com/ Carol is an authority on LV bags. You can get the details on pre-authenticating from her website. Doing this is a very small price to pay to avoid any headache later if you are dealing with a rookie or suspicious buyer. Carol's opinion is accepted by PayPal and eBay for settling claims on authenticity.

Agreed on this.

One more thing to do is to write the weight of the bag (before packing) on the postal slip, then the Postal Officer writes the final packaged weight.

Yes, I will contact Caroldiva. That's a great idea. Thank you for your advice.