LAMB Rehab!

Dear Yvalenz,

Thank you so much for your wisdom!

I thought i would ask you a question about a repair that maybe you haven't had to tackle yet but you might have some good ideas...

How should i fix a hole in a nylon lamb lesportsac?

Should i just try to glue it with fabric glue do you think?

Or take it to a tailor and see if they can stitch it up?

Do holes in nylon usually fray and run?

Thanks!

:smile:

Nylon can continue to fray if not repaired. Depends on where the tear is located. If it's at the top near a seam, then I would try to stitch it together, but you'll need something to keep the end from fraying more - try some sewing tape on low heat to keep it straight, and if using a machine - go slow!! it slips! You might have better luck with a tailor.

if it's on another part of the bag - it'll be difficult. Holes can fray and run. You might be able to "pinch-sew" it but you'd see the seam if sewing from the outside. If you can get to the hole from the inside of the bag without removing the lining, then sew it closed. It should stay - you might try the sewing tape over the stitch to seal it. Use low heat when applying it

good luck!

hello ladies...i just got a marigold broadgate but wore a black shirt one day and got colored transferred to the canvas :crybaby:

ive tried leather cleaner, baby wipes, magic eraser but nothing has helped.

is there any hope?

secondly, how can i help the canvas soften up?

ps, ive been working on my rasta exeter..shes getting so pretty.

i tryed to use a metallic paint on the tarnished scratched hardware...dont, i repeat do not try it...waste of time...now i have to take it off and try something else.

What is the best and easiest thing to do to get out small marks on the striped interior? Just a spot of eyeliner. It seems silly to put it inside out and go through the whole super-cleaning process for something so small.

Suggestions?