Stain in my jumbo caviar flap lining (HELP)

HoyaLV

Jun 11, 2009
S.O.S.!!!
I was shocked to find this white stain on the inside of my jumbo caviar flap! DH and I were going through all the possibilities of how this could have happened but we still can't figure it out:

1) Make up stain? But my make up bag is very clean, no leak, everything tightly sealed.

2) Chemicals from contact lens cleaner? I was helping DH put on contacts for the first time at the Optometrist's office. But I know I cleaned my hands thoroughly before touching my bag. Also, there are no stains on the outside of my bag.

3) Could it be a color transfer from my LV damier azur cles? (can white color transfer to black?)

I wear my jumbo flap everywhere, so you would think that if it ever get stained, it would be on the outside not the inside. I carry the following in my bag: umbrella (which I didn't today), make up bag, wallet (in the inner pocket), blackberry with silicone skin, LV cles, and sometimes my iPod Touch (not today though).

Per my friend's instructions (she's had jumbo flaps for 15 years +), I didn't apply water, just wiped it gently with unscented, non-alcohol baby wipes. it didn't do a thing. Please, please help!

IMG_3222.jpg

that happened to me one time in my leather jacket, i left gum, with no wrapping, for a long period of time, and it wouldnt come off anymore, i can only clear it temporarily with water but the stain came back

that happened to me one time in my leather jacket, i left gum, with no wrapping, for a long period of time, and it wouldnt come off anymore, i can only clear it temporarily with water but the stain came back
because sugar in the gum had damaged the material, which included leather as well.

therefore, I have always used extra little cotton bag to put pen, make up, gum, or something that may leak and absorb through the purse.

:sad: I just wish I knew what did it, so I can figure out whether to apply leather cleaner, protectant or what.
I'm sorry to hear about your leather jacket too.
try use meltonian all purpose cleaner and conditioner with water resistant, to clean and protect the leather to see it helps.

Do you mean getting it re-dyed? I thought about getting it re-lined by Chanel. I hope I don't have to resort to that. DH says I should let it go, since it's just on the inside and you can barely see it unless you really look for it. I don't know, I'm just a little sad.

cant you just color it?

Just use a little black leather polish over it, Bally use to make some, my mom used to use it on her bags

Do you mean getting it re-dyed? I thought about getting it re-lined by Chanel. I hope I don't have to resort to that. DH says I should let it go, since it's just on the inside and you can barely see it unless you really look for it. I don't know, I'm just a little sad.

But it's been quite the opposite here, the air has been dry (at least in our house) and we've been worried about the leather cracking (thank god it hasn't happened). None of my other bags has this kind of stain. It looks like someone ran a white-out or paint thinner over the lining. I wish my Meltonian bottle would get here already!

PS: Btw, I kinda hope that it is mold, because I've seen other girls' posts about their mold-stained bags being successfully treated with Meltonian leather cleaner/conditioner!

op,

my DH just say that it is mold, which dues to where you have stored the bag. Leather does not like moisture air or humid.

I think you should definately try meltonian or products from LMB to remove the stain. If it doesn't come off, seriously it isn't so bad and it is in the interior of the bag so noone can see it :smile: