Comparison pics: Goyard St. Louis PM and Vuitton Neverfull MM

gwen10

O.G.
Mar 15, 2007
Hi all!
I finally got around to comparing these two bags. Here is how they stack up:

Goyard measures 18.5" W (top) x 11" H x 6"D (base).
Handle drop is 7". Handles measure 1/4" thick.

Vuitton measures 19"W (top) x 11 1/2"H x 6"D (base).
Handle drop is 8". Handles measure 1/8" thick.

The bags are very similar. The Damier Ebene Vuitton is a bit more structured, while the Goyard seems to slouch well after only a few days use. I love how the handles on the Goyard are a bit thicker than the Vuitton handles. The extra 1/4" handle thickness makes them that much more comfortable on the shoulder.

Following are some comparison pics:

Not sure why the Goyard looks wider (at top) here, other than the fact that I had my things in the Goyard and the Vuitton was empty (except for a bottom shaper)
IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

This pic shows the difference in the thickness of the handles:
IMG_2322.jpg

This pic shows the difference in the handle drop:
IMG_2323.jpg

They are both great bags! I plan to keep both and add another St. Louis PM (white!!) to my collection.

BTW, I feel the Neverfull looks better with a bottom shaper, but the St. Louis is fine without one. Just my opinion. :heart:

Last edited:
You are welcome! I know a lot of tPF members are wondering about the size comparison of these bags and am glad to help. Just wish I had taken pics of the St. Louis GM, too, before I sent it back.

And I want a white St. Louis PM sooo badly!!!!

Last edited:
Cathi - is your NF Damier Ebene? Do you carry your NF often? Or do you reach for your St. Louis over your NF? I am afraid I won't carry the NF very often because it seems a bit more structured and I am loving the way the St. Louis slouches. Maybe I feel this way because the St. Louis is new. I've had the NF a bit longer. Let me know your thoughts.

great info and pics!!!
i have both bags and love them...although my goyard is a little more unique and under the radar!!!

Great comparison pictures gwen10!! I also have a Damier Ebene Neverfull, along with 2 St. Louis PMs, and a St. Louis GM. They are quite similar in terms of being open totes, but you're right, the Goyard handles are a lot more comfortable than the Neverfull's. I find my NF handles to be a bit rough or scratchy at times. The NF is more structured and stiffer like you said, but I'm hoping that it will wear and soften with time!

HI Gwen.....My neverfull is mono and in the mm size...

when i first purchased my st louis, (bordeaux)...i carried it daily and i'm still very much in love with it btw!!!
I have recently taken out my neverfull, (after putting her away for a month or so) and have been using it for the past week...i had wondered if i would still love it as much now that i have the goyard....but honestly i love both bags and while they may be similar..they both fit my life style.....casual but also classic and can be dressed up or down..both bags are great for everyday and for traveling.
i will never part with my goyard as it took me a long time to save up for it and i love how unique it is compared to many other bags.
For me putting away my LV for a few months and bringing it out again, made me love it all over again...for now!!!;)

I have had the LV mono neverfull MM since it came out and have not used it recently because of how common it has become.
I bought a white st louis pm in January and love it! It is just starting to get warm where I am and I can see it becoming my everyday bag in the spring/summer!

I have been carrying LV Neverfull MM ever since it launched. Now I thought of switching to Goyard PM because so many LV around. I can see that the size is about the same. May I know how about the feel of the bag? Is the material as tough as LV?

Yeah, I bought a St. Louis PM for the same reason. Walking around nyc, I see so many LV neverfulls that I was getting sick of it. :yucky:

What colour is your st louis pm? Is the bag more easy to handle compare to the NF? I have problem with NF because of the wide base (more structured), keeps knocking into people and walls.