Never buy from 2haute2handle!!

Jan 25, 2008
Just received my item and it was totally not as describe and dirt was not disclose on listing! When I file a dispute through paypal, seller still send me a picture from listing to say there is nothing wrong with the bag! So pissed! The pictures on the listing are obviously photoshopped.....!!!

:mad:

I did, paypal now requires me to get the following,

1. obtain a document from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer, repair shop, appraiser, or another individual or organisation that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which details the extent of the damage or clearly explains how the item received significantly differs from the item advertised.

2. If possible, the document should include a serial number and description of the item and the amount required to complete the repairs necessary to correct the damage. This document must be on letterhead paper that includes the name, address, and phone number of the individual, business, or organisation so that we may contact them if necessary.

Does anyone know if Carol diva provides such service?

Last edited:
I did, paypal now requires me to get the following,

1. obtain a document from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer, repair shop, appraiser, or another individual or organisation that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which details the extent of the damage or clearly explains how the item received significantly differs from the item advertised.

2. If possible, the document should include a serial number and description of the item and the amount required to complete the repairs necessary to correct the damage. This document must be on letterhead paper that includes the name, address, and phone number of the individual, business, or organisation so that we may contact them if necessary.

Does anyone know if Carol diva provides such service?

That sounds a little too much for just a SNAD claim.
If it doesn't involve authenticity, I guess you can just go to a leather repair shop and get an estimate in writing.
What was exactly wrong with the bag?

^ You just bought a 21 year old Vintage Chanel Bag. I looked at your authentification request and the photographs. This bag looks good for a 21 year old used leather bag. The sticker inside shows that it was first sold in Japan in 1989. To even get one of these bags with the pouch still intact is amazing. It is rare collectable style.

In what way is there something wrong with the bag?

The serial number is clearly pictured in the photograph and there were a lot of photographs. It is authentic and I note that it was authenticated for you by burberryprncess who is a total expert.

From my experience as a vintage bag collector, these kind of lambskin bags do hold fine particles of grease through natural wear - the pores on lambskin leather are large. The listing does say

"Item is pre owned but in excellent vintage condition. There are no visible scratches on the lambskin. Both interior & exterior is clean and stain free. Gold text is has not faded. The hardware is shiny and shows no sign of fading. Light discoloration can be seen on the corners.

Did you have a large customs bill by any chance? If so, this can make you feel really cross when you get the bag. UK customs duty is vicious.

As you appear to be a new member on eBay, please be aware that it is quite normal for new CHANEL owners to panic when they buy their first big item. I've done it and I still sometimes panic when I first receive something.

I suggest that if you don't like it, you should sell it. You bought internationally, but many people don't. If you were to list it well, you would probably recover your outlay and maybe get more.

OP, can you take a photo of this bag to show us the dirt you say was photo shopped out of the photos on the auction?

The photos in the auction show the bag looking very clean and in rather gorgeous condition for a vintage bag.

OP, can you take a photo of this bag to show us the dirt you say was photo shopped out of the photos on the auction?

The photos in the auction show the bag looking very clean and in rather gorgeous condition for a vintage bag.

I agree. Without photos, no one can help you. But you need really close pictures, which luckily you can do with all cameras and most mobile phones these days.

Try this way:
(1) Use macro setting on camera (little flower)
(2) Zoom to make the sticker in focused
(3) Capture one without flash under natural light
If you don't have a tripod, then support the camera on a box so it doesn't wiggle. Put the camera about 15 cm or so from the bag and let the macro adjust and focus. If the camera moves, the macro photo will be blurry. Good luck.

What dirt is there on the bag? Obviously if they sent you a bag with dirt and a plant growing out of it...okay...not cool at all. But if it has some surface dirt, I've turned my mini vac on low and just vacuumed the bag. But since it's vintage, I'd try wiping it with some soft hand towels followed by some leather cleaner. If it's some obvious stain that wasn't disclosed, I'd file...but if it's dusty or something, it can be taken care of easily without damaging the bag.

What dirt is there on the bag? Obviously if they sent you a bag with dirt and a plant growing out of it...okay...not cool at all. But if it has some surface dirt, I've turned my mini vac on low and just vacuumed the bag. But since it's vintage, I'd try wiping it with some soft hand towels followed by some leather cleaner. If it's some obvious stain that wasn't disclosed, I'd file...but if it's dusty or something, it can be taken care of easily without damaging the bag.

You have to be really really careful with older lambskin vintage. If lambskin becomes wet with a cleaner and then rubbed while wet, it will PERMANENTLY damage the surface. It really depends on the skin.

^ You just bought a 21 year old Vintage Chanel Bag. I looked at your authentification request and the photographs. This bag looks good for a 21 year old used leather bag. The sticker inside shows that it was first sold in Japan in 1989. To even get one of these bags with the pouch still intact is amazing. It is rare collectable style.

In what way is there something wrong with the bag?

The serial number is clearly pictured in the photograph and there were a lot of photographs. It is authentic and I note that it was authenticated for you by burberryprncess who is a total expert.

From my experience as a vintage bag collector, these kind of lambskin bags do hold fine particles of grease through natural wear - the pores on lambskin leather are large. The listing does say

"Item is pre owned but in excellent vintage condition. There are no visible scratches on the lambskin. Both interior & exterior is clean and stain free. Gold text is has not faded. The hardware is shiny and shows no sign of fading. Light discoloration can be seen on the corners.

Did you have a large customs bill by any chance? If so, this can make you feel really cross when you get the bag. UK customs duty is vicious.

As you appear to be a new member on eBay, please be aware that it is quite normal for new CHANEL owners to panic when they buy their first big item. I've done it and I still sometimes panic when I first receive something.

I suggest that if you don't like it, you should sell it. You bought internationally, but many people don't. If you were to list it well, you would probably recover your outlay and maybe get more.

I don't even think Custom bills are in question here??!! What I am upset about is that there are dishonest sellers lurking about thinking that buyers are stupid and could be scammed easily :sad:

Anyway, this is not my first 'BIG' chanel as you said and I am not a new Chanel owner. I have been collecting since 2007 but you were right that this is my first big vintage purchase and I am new on ebay. However, I have bought items from mimiaction and laboutique24 and they came both as described and the actual item look even better than in pictures!

Anyway, pictures speaks more than a thousand words, so I am including the pictures here so you ladies can know exactly why I am so frustrated! By the way, the bag even comes with a smell... and given that I have 4 other vintage items... this one is definately not a stale smell..in fact it smells like it has been stored in an oily place for a long time... yeeksss!!!!

Attachments

• Chain 1.JPG
    Chain 1.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 1,203
  • Chain 4.JPG
    Chain 4.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 1,165
  • Chain 2.GIF
    Chain 2.GIF
    100.1 KB · Views: 781
  • Chain 3.GIF
    Chain 3.GIF
    108.7 KB · Views: 744
  • Ring and Bag Strap.GIF
    Ring and Bag Strap.GIF
    95.2 KB · Views: 745
If the bag is really vintage than you really can't complain..

Are you kidding me? Can't complain? If the seller had listed all the flaws on the bag and I knew about them before I purchased, yes, complained is not right... however, it is clear from the listing that nothing was mentioned on those dirt and the extend of the discoloration on the chain!