Block this BUYER.....

fashion_mom1

Apr 28, 2009
I sold a vintage LV on the bay. It did have wear and I detailed every little detail. This buyer gave me my FIRST negative with out warning. Stating the purse had wear--Well duh. I always try to work with buyers and would even have allowed her to return it. She Neg'd me with out a warning.

ID 75398282

PS. If you want to know specifics I will give them to you, but I really don't want to bore you.

I hate how buyers expect something perfect when it's listed as used, listed as having wear and tear...and then they whine and complain because it's not "new". It's NOT "not as described" if it's used and the use is documented and listed in the listing. I mean, as sellers, we're pricing the items based on their condition...obviously if you get a designer item for a steep discount, expect it not to be new.

I'd call ebay and have them remove it because that's pretty f-ed up. Smells like soap and is sticky?! Well, break out the fabreeze and the goo gone or something...sheesh! That's no reason to leave negative feedback at all.

Sorry to hear you got a negative :sad: I think some buyers just don't understand listings and are too lazy to do some things themselves. Whenever I get a bag from eBay I always use a leather cleaner even if it's perfect, but that's just me. That usually takes away any kind of dirt or smell or whatever. I think some buyers just don't even think to do that...

I hate how buyers expect something perfect when it's listed as used, listed as having wear and tear...and then they whine and complain because it's not "new". It's NOT "not as described" if it's used and the use is documented and listed in the listing. I mean, as sellers, we're pricing the items based on their condition...obviously if you get a designer item for a steep discount, expect it not to be new.

I'd call ebay and have them remove it because that's pretty f-ed up. Smells like soap and is sticky?! Well, break out the fabreeze and the goo gone or something...sheesh! That's no reason to leave negative feedback at all.

Sorry to hear you got a negative :sad: I think some buyers just don't understand listings and are too lazy to do some things themselves. Whenever I get a bag from eBay I always use a leather cleaner even if it's perfect, but that's just me. That usually takes away any kind of dirt or smell or whatever. I think some buyers just don't even think to do that...

I think the whole soap smell is leather cleaner I used that. HOWEVER I disclosed that to her when we chatted. As far as the wear inside the pocket I disclosed that in the listing. I understand buyers are sensetive to smells (there has been much discussion here on that). And even though I warned her I WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT BACK to save my feedback. You can't please everyone, but I certainly try.

People who are that picky about things need to buy straight from boutiques where they can complain and return all they want. That or change how their expectations/satisfaction works. Especially with descriptive pictures come on!

The point is, if you're severely allergic to pets or household dusts or whatever, or if you're sense of smell is comparable to a hound dog....BUY NEW THINGS! Sellers are NOT mind readers...period.

I think if people are going to be super picky and be extra particular, they should NOT be shopping online, especially ebay where private people list their own items. These individuals are better off going to department stores or consignments places to get new things or examine the used items closely themselves.

I hope you can get this strike taken off.

People who are that picky about things need to buy straight from boutiques where they can complain and return all they want. That or change how their expectations/satisfaction works. Especially with descriptive pictures come on!

I agree ^^.

Fashion_Mom1 sorry this happened! There is just no pleasing some buyers. With a vintage item, they need to realize it will not be perfect.

I just don't know what goes thought these buyer's minds. I mean, what is their thought process to leave negative feedback for wear and tear that has been disclosed?!

Picky > Common sense

The thing that really gets me is that the Neg'd me BEFORE giving me chance to adress her concerns. Even IF I was wrong (and I don't think I am) atleast give me a chance to meke you happy .. Oh well. Can't win then all. I am just bummed about my feed back.

The thing that really gets me is that the Neg'd me BEFORE giving me chance to adress her concerns. Even IF I was wrong (and I don't think I am) atleast give me a chance to meke you happy .. Oh well. Can't win then all. I am just bummed about my feed back.

Weird that they didn't at least contact you.....but you can just respond to the FB, and explain that the bag was vintage and described as so. I know when I buy on ebay, and if a seller has a few neg's, I always take the time to read what they are about, many times I can see how it was left erroneously.

Did you contact ebay yet? I would explain the situation to them and they can determine if its reasonable or not. They might remove it since its kind of unreasonable to say that a vintage item has wear!

Thanks everyone. I may contact ebay. I don't know if they will do anything. I repled to the feedback and also submit a feedback revision request. Who knows. I may just have to get over it. It's not the end of the world but kind of s**ks.

Depending on how you responded to the buyer, you might also be able to get them to change it. Also depends on how important the negative is to you. I get upset with a neutral.

^^ I agree.

I try to be very descriptive in my auctions, and I add lots of photos, plus will send more if requested, but sometimes you just can't please people. Thankfully I've only had 2 issues in all of my years on eBay with buyers who have had buyer's remorse after getting an item. And it wasn't because of my description, it was because of the amount of money they spent for the luxury item...Oh well. They still got it for less than if they'd walked into a boutique!
:shrugs:

From a buyer's point of view (I sell too), when I see negs in a seller's feedback, I check the feedback from the buyer who left the neg (Feedback left for others). 9 times out of 10, they've left more than one, and make a habit of it. So in my mind, the credibility of the seller goes way up and I ignore the neg.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially if you left a nicely-worded response, like: Should have let me know there was a problem before leaving FB, or, Only found out there was a problem when I read FB.