I don't understand some sellers

LVLUVS

Mar 19, 2010
In the past four days I have emailed two sellers best offers and they never respond. What is wrong with these sellers? I always respond to emails and offers even if I don't agree with the offer. Is there a list to add sellers that never respond to emails or offers?

I think some sellers don't respond if the offer was way under the price... I agree though I always respond and if it is too low I politely decline the offer.... If your offer was not way under the asking price then maybe consider yourself lucky...maybe they would have been difficult to deal with. Good luck in finding the item that you want:balloon:

As a seller, I think it's rude not to reply to best offers. I always reply and either decline or make a counter offer. However, you never really know why someone hasn't responded to your offer. Maybe they're just busy or away. At any rate, I don't think it's a good idea to create a list for something like this. If they do have valid reasons for not responding to you, it doesn't mean that they always ignore their offers from all potential buyers and therefore it wouldn't be fair to blackball them publically.

If I were you, I would just move on to other sellers. Good luck!

It is rude. I always reply as a seller...and if it's too low, I tell them. No harm in telling them it's too low, sorry, or counter offering.

Did you just send them a private message? Or is it you used the best offer feature?

Some sellers, if it's too low, just wait for it to expires because then it won't show the price under history of offers so potential buyers can't see what was offered. Kind of a strategy.

That drives be crazy. I only submit offers when I am serious about buying, and when someone doesn't get back I figure they aren't serious about selling. I hate the fact that it keeps you in limbo for 48 hours though. And an eternity on bonanzle.

I always respond. Even if it's a redic. low ball offer.
I want to say "are you freaking crazy to offer me xx amount for this??" But I normally just decline with no comment.

As a seller, I always respond to offer in timely manner no matter how low they are.
As a buyer, I made a terrible mistake once. I submitted an offer had no response until very close to be expired. I'd thought my offer wasn't high enough and purchased other bag in the same style. Then I received a message saying the seller accepted the offer! :faint:
I ended up purchasing two bags. Luckily they were in different colors at least.

I hate it when sellers of high priced items don't respond to questions, especially when they have in bold, "Please ask all questions before bidding." It doesn't take that long to snap an extra picture or answer a quick question. If you want people to fork over $1,000+, you should be willing to deal with a few questions.

I hate it when sellers of high priced items don't respond to questions, especially when they have in bold, "Please ask all questions before bidding." It doesn't take that long to snap an extra picture or answer a quick question. If you want people to fork over $1,000+, you should be willing to deal with a few questions.

I completely agree!! It doesn't take that long at all. 5 min max to write reply or take a pic, upload it and post it. I always write that in bold "Please feel free to ask any questions BEFORE bidding" and I frickin mean it. At the very least, seller should check their emails once a day. I do it frequently because I'm on my laptop a lot anyway, but in the age of iphones with ebay apps, and 3G networks, and blackberries, it's not that hard at all to check emails throughout the day.

I completely agree!! It doesn't take that long at all. 5 min max to write reply or take a pic, upload it and post it. I always write that in bold "Please feel free to ask any questions BEFORE bidding" and I frickin mean it. At the very least, seller should check their emails once a day. I do it frequently because I'm on my laptop a lot anyway, but in the age of iphones with ebay apps, and 3G networks, and blackberries, it's not that hard at all to check emails throughout the day.

i agree. some people act like its so hard to take a few pics. if they think posting one is enough theyre way off. then take forever to reply and email more. grrr!!! lol.

I think some sellers don't respond if the offer was way under the price... I agree though I always respond and if it is too low I politely decline the offer.... If your offer was not way under the asking price then maybe consider yourself lucky...maybe they would have been difficult to deal with. Good luck in finding the item that you want:balloon:

Thank you bellabags. The offer I submitted was only $40.00 off the asking price. I could have paid the full asking price, but I had seen the exact same dress sell for the price I offered. This seller never responded to my offer or my emails. I will never bid on her items again.

As a seller, I think it's rude not to reply to best offers. I always reply and either decline or make a counter offer. However, you never really know why someone hasn't responded to your offer. Maybe they're just busy or away. At any rate, I don't think it's a good idea to create a list for something like this. If they do have valid reasons for not responding to you, it doesn't mean that they always ignore their offers from all potential buyers and therefore it wouldn't be fair to blackball them publically.

If I were you, I would just move on to other sellers. Good luck!

Thank you Print Model. I have moved on and I will never bid on these sellers items again, since they cannot respond to my emails or offers. I sell many items on ebay and always respond to all emails and best offers.

It is rude. I always reply as a seller...and if it's too low, I tell them. No harm in telling them it's too low, sorry, or counter offering.

Did you just send them a private message? Or is it you used the best offer feature?

Some sellers, if it's too low, just wait for it to expires because then it won't show the price under history of offers so potential buyers can't see what was offered. Kind of a strategy.

Yes, I did send both of them emails through ebay messages and I submitted best offers. I could have and would have been willing to pay the full asking price for both of the designer items, but it's their loss. I have sold many high end items and there are times I get low ball offers, but I still take the time to respond.

That drives be crazy. I only submit offers when I am serious about buying, and when someone doesn't get back I figure they aren't serious about selling. I hate the fact that it keeps you in limbo for 48 hours though. And an eternity on bonanzle.

I agree. It's been 5 days now and still no response from both sellers, so I just went in and retracted my offers and I will never bid on their items again.