What do i have to do if the seller keeps saying the fake bag is authentic?

ko0302

Mar 26, 2010
The bag I got won was obviously fake. i posted the pics of bag and people here told that it is obviously a fake by its font and stitching. So I sent message to the seller and he keeps telling me that it is authentic. What do I have to do??

File a dispute with eBay or PayPal to get your money back. Be sure to follow their directions when it comes to how to send the bag back (if they say send it back). I wouldn't waste another minute on trying to convince the seller, by filing the dispute they'll be forced to refund your money once they (eBay/PayPal) see the bag is indeed fake. Good luck!

File a dispute with eBay or PayPal to get your money back. Be sure to follow their directions when it comes to how to send the bag back (if they say send it back). I wouldn't waste another minute on trying to convince the seller, by filing the dispute they'll be forced to refund your money once they (eBay/PayPal) see the bag is indeed fake. Good luck!

I already opened a case and waiting for seller's message. So if seller keeps saying that the bag is authentic, do i have to escalate the dispute to a claim? And when do i have to send the fake bag back to the seller? also, do i have to pay for the shipping fee?
Thankyou

You may have to get a leter of authentication to verify the bag is a fake.

Follow the instructions of ebay/pp to send the back bag.If they say send it back.

Take a pic of what you are sending back, you don't want the seller to say he got back

a different bag, insure, signature & delivery confirmation.

You may ask to be reimbursed for your shipping.

ANd above all, don't let this selly bully you.. they can get "snarky"...

You may have to get a leter of authentication to verify the bag is a fake.

Follow the instructions of ebay/pp to send the back bag.If they say send it back.

Take a pic of what you are sending back, you don't want the seller to say he got back

a different bag, insure, signature & delivery confirmation.

You may ask to be reimbursed for your shipping.

ANd above all, don't let this selly bully you.. they can get "snarky"...

Thanks for advise. But where can i get a letter of authentication and how much will it cost??

"Hi. I understand. If you do not know what to look for to authenticate a Prada bag you will always have that doubt and be unsatisfied. I do not want you to be unsatisfied. As you know my sales are final. I am a new Ebayer and I cannot absorb the cost of a return. I am sure you can appreciate that. However, I will make an exception. Please return the bag and all the original documentation and bags ( sleeper bag and clear Prada bag). It must be in the mint condition that I mailed it to you otherwise money will be deducted from your refund accordingly. Please send it with some sort of way to track it. I will charge you a 15% restocking fee. Basically, after receiving the bag and everything checks out ok I will give you a refund of $116.88 via paypal. This is the best I can offer. Please allow 3-4 days before that money will be available to you. Let me know when you have mailed it out. Have a great weekend"

This is what i got from the seller when i i sent a message that said i want a full refund. i really loved his fast responses and politeness, but the bag is obviously a fake.. so do i have to take his offer?

No way! Why should you have to pay a restocking fee for a fake?!

Have you posted the auction in the Authenticate This Prada thread to be certain it is fake?

Escalate your dispute to a claim in paypal. You obviously don't have to accept his offer which requires you be penalized for the seller's illegal activity. Ridiculous!

No way! Why should you have to pay a restocking fee for a fake?!

Have you posted the auction in the Authenticate This Prada thread to be certain it is fake?

Escalate your dispute to a claim in paypal. You obviously don't have to accept his offer which requires you be penalized for the seller's illegal activity. Ridiculous!

I posted the auction and pics of bag i got in the Authenticate This Prada thread and people told me it is obviously a fake. So do you recommend escalate my dispute to a claim?

^ just make sure that you got several opinions that it's fake. there are some new "authenticators" on the prada/miu miu AT threads that are giving their opinions, though they don't match up with more seasoned authenticators here...

He can't charge you a restocking fee if it wasn't listed in the original ad. That has to be disclosed up front. Also, when you sell on eBay and accept PP, you accept returns!!

How much did you pay for this brand new Prada that you would only receive $116.88 refund. That sounds very much like a fake bag without even seeing it.

1. Escalate the claim
2. Follow paypal's instructions to the tee
3. Take your own photos
4. If you need an authenticator ask Caroldiva, but I am really not sure she knows her Prada. You may want to ask for a reccomendation from the Prada forum
5. Make sure you send it back with signature confirmation and insurance AFTER paypal tells you too AND only send it to the address paypal gives you
6. Add the tracking number into the dipute.

He can't charge you a restocking fee, but you will have to pay shipping back.

So i sent some messages that restocking fee is unfair and i got this message from ebay.
"Hi ko.0302,

The seller has agreed to issue you a full refund if you return the item.

Please ship the item back to the seller now. You will be required to provide a tracking or delivery confirmation number. View the details of this case and learn more about shipping the item back in the Resolution Center."

So is it the time that i have to send the fake bag back to the seller?

and is there anything that i have to worry about when i'm shipping this item back to seller?

just make sure it's sent to the confirmed seller's address with signature confirmation.... you don't want the seller saying that they didn't receive the bag.