anyone with a tank francaise and not happy with it?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
The Cartier Tank Francaise seems to be quite popular. I was wondering if anyone here is less than pleased. I know it is a classic but IMO - it has no pizazz. However, one doesn't always need pizazz in their timepiece. Sometimes it looks nice to have it in a hairstyle, shoes, etc!

I have nothing but love for my Tank Francaise (midsize). I love everything about it. I agree it is not a 'bells and whistles' timepiece but oh so subtle and classic. It goes with everything.

The very smooth lines and lack of "ostentation" is what is very appealing about this watch to me. I think it is beautiful; I'd love to get one someday.

I have a Tank and I just looooove the design. It's a very chic design and it will never ever bore you.

However. My Tank was more in the Cartier store to be repaired (always on the same problem) than on my wrist. I then bought a vintage Rolex datejust. The latest repair was successful though and I now have 2 great watches.

ive always wanted this watch, but i heard it scratches very easily? im a big clutsy so i would need something very durable (like rolex or j12). can someone confirm if this is true?

Ditto, "I have nothing but love for this watch", lol. I have the Midsize Tank in SS and absolutely love it. I actually like the fact that it doesn't have a bunch of bells and whitles, because I think the simplicity makes it a more versatile watch. It goes well with everything (from gym clothes to dressy outfits). I've only had it for close to 2 months, but I haven't noticed any scratching. (and I have not taken it off at all since I've had it - I've banged it around in my Yoga and Pilates classes and it's still looks great).

I have a midsize tank as well. I think it is a great watch. Mine is getting scratched pretty fast though. I wear a metal bracelet on the same arm as my watch. (I have to it is medical alert bracelet) It doesn't bother me, but you should know it will scratch if you wear another heavy bracelet.

I have the small size tank with MOP face. I've had mine for 5 years and no scratches at all on the crystal part. There may be a couple of microscopic nicks on the metal of the casing that I would need my loupe to see...but this watch is...a TANK!

Yes, this is a subtle watch. Not a statement piece. But that's why I like it -- it's perfect for every day. My only regret is that I did not get the mid-size. The small is nice but it looks kind of bracelet-y. The mid-size would be more watch-y.