About blue Jean Birkin

eileenqx

Mar 26, 2010
Dear all,

I bought a blue Jean birkin 35 togo this year. But I compared with the blue jean colour with the pic on internet which carried by stars. I found my blue jean is much darker than all blue jean pic on intenet.

I am not sure is because of camara light or daytime sunshine. I found on my receipts is written 35 Birkin togo skin 75 blue jean, is there anyone know, what does 75 mean? and is there only one blue jean colour for birkin bag?
Thanks.

I remebered when I went to order, I saw one much light blue, but the sales told me that colour is not available for togo, anyone known anyother blue colour? Thanks.

I believe that number "75" is a colour code number............and the lighter blue you refered to could be Ceil........... and Yes, there is only one Blue Jean colour , however the colour could come out differently depending on the type of leather........... IMHO..........

My Lindy Voyage is in Blue Jean Clemence, however I did not check what the tag said when I got it from the boutique..........here is a couple of shots taken in natural light for you to compare with your Togo.............

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lindy travel I.jpg
    Lindy travel I.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 841
  • Lindy travel II.jpg
    Lindy travel II.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 923
now for UK is night, I will take pic tomorrow morning to compare it.
By the way, did u on the flash for your camara?

No, those pictures were taken outdoor without flash........;) However, comparing pictures on computer screen would not help much though as the colour will come out differently on different type of screen...........And like I mentioned earlier that differnt leather brings out the colour differently......... One of my sisters owns a Blue Jean Epsom Plume, her Blue Jean is so much lighter than my Clemence bag........

If you are really not happy with the bag, why don't you return it at H boutique(where you bought it from) and get a store credit towards your new order.........just a thought.........

Last edited:
for UK is very hard to oder and they told me the blue colour not come every year.
And I bought already 2 months
I check all the pics on the blue colour. I got confused, so many different blue colours such as Bleu Thalassa,blue brighton, Turquoise chevre,blue jeans...

for UK is very hard to oder and they told me the blue colour not come every year.
And I bought already 2 months
I check all the pics on the blue colour. I got confused, so many different blue colours such as Bleu Thalassa,blue brighton, Turquoise chevre,blue jeans...

but those are not Blue Jean.............

Yes, I think what receipts written should be right. but just not sure do they have different number for blue jean. my one is 75, they may do 60 blue jean or 80 blue jean. The number is different maby the colour are different.Any professional can answer?

Thanks for the mm, it is really help. I will try to put pic on tomorrow. I am new here, but I found her is very usefull:smile:

Yes, I think what receipts written should be right. but just not sure do they have different number for blue jean. my one is 75, they may do 60 blue jean or 80 blue jean. The number is different maby the colour are different.Any professional can answer?

Thanks for the mm, it is really help. I will try to put pic on tomorrow. I am new here, but I found her is very usefull:smile:

I have never heard of that though.......... Have you tried looking at the "colour reference" thread?........That might help...........

There is only one blue jean. The colour may appear more or less saturated depending on the leather - so in togo, it will look different than in swift, for example. But there aren't different number codes identifying a "different" blue jean. And if you're comparing against pictures of celebrities, the colour in those will depend on the exposure of the photo or video, your computer monitor, whether pictures were taken day or night, with or without flash... There are a lot of variables as to how a colour will look, sometimes even from one identical leather to another.

there is only one blue jean and i rmember some bags my have a bit more color a bit less color i have a bluejean 35 ghw and have seen it right next to another with p hw as the only differance and mine looks flashier more vibrant so im guessing it happens but i have to say if you are not 100 % sure put it right next to something blue jean could be any piece of togo because it has not changed this i can assure you of! hope it helps