Finally finding the right bag? Recommendations!

Toni_

Jul 26, 2008
So I'm completely over cheap bags, if only for the fact that all mine have become worn out way too soon. I'd like to finally get a proper bag that'll last a little longer than the others have. The only problem is I'm extremely picky - if I could decide on one I'd start to save up! While I'm not going to spend all my money on bags (don't be disappointed, ladies!) I do think getting a good one that'll last a long time is worth a high price.
So please help me! What I'm looking for is an everyday leather bag. Large-ish - at least large enough for notebooks, big wallets etc. I'm a student and I carry stuff around! I'm not too into obvious labels - for example, the Damier LV Speedy is more my type than the one with logo Speedy, but even then I feel it might be a bit too much. I'd like to have a bag in black or brown, something that goes with everything. Recommendations? Lately I've been thinking I might just save up for a Balenciaga, a City bag or whatnot. But, as always, I can't decide!
Any help is greatly appreciated! :hugs:

Just keep in mind one thing I learned and will share with you. The higher up you go and the finer the leather, the more you have to "baby" the bag. Simply, you have to think twice before throwing it on your shoulder and getting caught in the rain or throwing it around at all. IMO, some of the mid range (I'm talking $400 - $650) bags actually wear better than the very high end ones and last longer. Again, some. I emphasize "some". of course, not all!

Have you considered Prada? They make some wonderful totes and shoulder bags. I have found they can take a lot of abuse and still look really really good. Plus they have some classic designs in those neutral colors your mentioned. Good luck!

I am the voice of mid range but Coach as wonderful everyday Leather bags that can carry all your school items... the Leather bags do not have much in the way of logo's and they are really long lasting and have a warranty...

Gucci has really wonderful tote's that are in Guccisima leather and really wear well... Many of they are on sale at there Outlet and you can call to get the bag instead of having to travel...

Now if Coach and Gucci is not your personal taste the LV Neverful GM has great space and wears really well..

I am the voice of mid range but Coach as wonderful everyday Leather bags that can carry all your school items... the Leather bags do not have much in the way of logo's and they are really long lasting and have a warranty...

Gucci has really wonderful tote's that are in Guccisima leather and really wear well... Many of they are on sale at there Outlet and you can call to get the bag instead of having to travel...

Now if Coach and Gucci is not your personal taste the LV Neverful GM has great space and wears really well..

Coach isn't really my thing and as a European, I wouldn't know where to get it either! I like some of the Gucci & LV designs but I think I'd be happier with a less obvious bag - I'm not big on showy things (sadly!).

Have you considered Prada? They make some wonderful totes and shoulder bags. I have found they can take a lot of abuse and still look really really good. Plus they have some classic designs in those neutral colors your mentioned. Good luck!

Thanks, I'll take a look at Prada again, I certainly like their designs! But I have such a hard time falling for that one bag... Also, Prada's prices might be a bit too steep for me.

Just keep in mind one thing I learned and will share with you. The higher up you go and the finer the leather, the more you have to "baby" the bag. Simply, you have to think twice before throwing it on your shoulder and getting caught in the rain or throwing it around at all. IMO, some of the mid range (I'm talking $400 - $650) bags actually wear better than the very high end ones and last longer. Again, some. I emphasize "some". of course, not all!

Thanks for the tip! Mid-range bag is probably the best option for me.

Any price range? What designers do you like?

Price range is anything up to, at the very, very most Balenciaga - even then it might be pushing it. TBH I'm just a college student! It'll take saving up, I have more pressing needs. I like Miu Miu, Prada, Chloe, Stella McCartney, Lanvin, Mulberry...

how much is too much? What kind of material are you wanting?

Leather! Basically a good material that will last. Too much is... Well, Balenciaga would definitely be pushing it! Less is more? ;) Mid-range I suppose!

Last edited: