Food The Best Thing I Ever Ate (from TPF'ers)

NagaJolokia

Living Hard
Nov 25, 2008
What is the best thing you ever ate? Hard to choose? How about one of the best things? Tell about it!

For me, it's not an entree, but a small desert- an orange basil sorbet created by Craftsteak (the one in Las Vegas). It was sooo frickin' damn good! I'm extremely picky, and this dish was at least a 10 on the scale of 1-10. As a matter of fact I could definitely give it an 11 or a 12 without exaggerating at all! It was that incredibly delicious. The initial power of the punch of the flavor, the intensity, the longevity, the complexity- it was all there and over the top (in a good way). My SO and I literally snapped our heads back when we tasted it because we were so blown away by it. We had *never* done this before and we would eat out and I would try different things a hell lot.

Hmmmm... Tough one to call.

My favorite food EVER is the mexican food in a local mexican restaurant. My favorite is their chicken corn tacos. Delicious!!! :drool:

And 99% of the food at The Cheesecake Factory is always, amazing.

Oysters and champagne in Barcelona. I've had them in other places all over the world, but Mediterranean oysters are far tastier, and it was my honeymoon, everything tasted better!

Red Snapper at Jean-Georges in NYC... didn't know fish could be so buttery!
Mussels at The Publican in Chicago... with the best sauce ever, soaked up by grilled bread.
Brisket at Smoque in Chicago... so tender, so delicious!

i had the best french fries from a place nearby but unfortunately they don't make them the same way anymore! i believe they were fried twice so they were really crispy but not greasy and then topped with a little salt and pepper. the oil must have been different because the fries themselves had a taste and it wasn't because of the salt and pepper. they were sooo good.

great thread!!

I love so much...

I dream of Bobby Flay's Pork tenderloin from Mesa Grill.... so amazing. I never knew pork could taste so good!!

My mothers homemade Nesselrode Pudding.

Nice. I can't say anything from my mother is better than just "great". Plus, I generally and strongly dislike my mother's cooking. There are only like a couple dishes that I like from her, one of them I love- her lemon grass chicken.

Red Snapper at Jean-Georges in NYC... didn't know fish could be so buttery!
Mussels at The Publican in Chicago... with the best sauce ever, soaked up by grilled bread.
Brisket at Smoque in Chicago... so tender, so delicious!

I haven't had red snapper in a long while, but when I had it years ago, it must've been one of the best fish species I'd ever eaten. Hmmm...next time I'm in NYC, I may try that, lol.

I really love brisket!

i had the best french fries from a place nearby but unfortunately they don't make them the same way anymore! i believe they were fried twice so they were really crispy but not greasy and then topped with a little salt and pepper. the oil must have been different because the fries themselves had a taste and it wasn't because of the salt and pepper. they were sooo good.

I am a french fry fiend. That is usually my go-to side dish even if they're average. What you described sounds excellent. The current best french fries to me is from Popeyes, lol, and maybe that will change. They have a distinctive taste to them (and it's not because of the cajun spices!), like they've been specially marinaded or fried in a different oil or something!

great thread!!

I love so much...

I dream of Bobby Flay's Pork tenderloin from Mesa Grill.... so amazing. I never knew pork could taste so good!!

Thanks. ;)

I would watch Bobby Flay a lot! He seems so talented! And, his southwestern style is one of the styles I'm often in the mood for. I have an affinity for bold, spicy flavors.

What a great thread! Being a Foodie, I'd have to break it into groups. I'm extremely picky also. Take
a bite of something & its not wonderful, to my tastebuds, I won't eat it. Don't want calories from foods I don't enjoy.

I'll just post one now.

Best Crustacean - I have eaten them stripped down & dressed up. From some of the finest restaurants in the world.
Prefer them as au natural as they can be. If its excellent , it doesn't need a tons of flavoring/spices.
I want to taste the lobster. Best - the Lobster at Mortons. Needs to be less than 3 lbs, over that meat gets tough. The cut it in half, put cream & butter on it & broil it. This might qualify as my favorite entree.

Need to try that sorbet at Craftsteak. Love mixing fruit with herbs.

Last edited:
I think that's a difficult question. There are so many things I love equally, mostly cultural food, I'd have to go with my mother's food and fav. family recipes.

Perhaps stewed beef or lamb in an okra tomato sauce served over rice (with vermicelli)

The grilled oysters from Drago's in New Orleans. They are the.most.awesome.oysters.ever. With good French bread...I'm drooling right now.

And anything from my mom's kitchen. Cheesecake, red beans and rice, gumbo, smothered steak, shrimp and corn bisque, crawfish etouffee, I can go one and on...

What a great thread! Being a Foodie, I'd have to break it into groups. I'm extremely picky also. Take
a bite of something & its not wonderful, to my tastebuds, I won't eat it. Don't want calories from foods I don't enjoy.

That's exactly how I am, and how I see things. I don't put anything into my body that is not something that doesn't taste great to me, because like you said, I don't want to waste calories on bad food. I'm glad someone else sees it like that too, cause most people think I'm crazy! lol

I really can't think of the BEST thing I've ever eaten...but pretty much anything with peanut butter on it is amazing to me :smile: