Is an ebay seller allowed to delete all the pictures of an ended auction?

smoky2010

Mar 24, 2010
after i emailed the seller that the LV purse is fake and asked her if she would consider to accept return... then i checked the link on ebay and all the pictures have been deleted already.???? NO images available.. Is an ebay seller allowed to do that? Thank u guys!!!

Hmmm....interesting. I'm a seller and I've deleted my photos from photobucket (where the pics come from) unless it's some big ticket item. I'd want to know if it was allowed or not as well. I do it to organize...but I can see why people do it to hide things.

But if you're saying it's a fake, wouldn't the seller want photos to prove you're wrong?

I hope it all works out =/

There has never been any rule that I'm aware of that says the seller must keep the pics online. I keep mine up for ages, but not everyone does. Some people have very limited photo hosting capabilities, so that MAY be the reason the pics are gone.

I keep my photobucket pictures up until I know Buyer is happy camper & feedback is left.
Even then, I keep copies in files on my desktop fro months, just in case they are needed.

To MIMSTER: yes i did save all the pictures, i actually posted it here also and has been told it is really fake.. I actually havent received the purse yet,. but i already asked the seller if she would consider to accept return if i really find out IT IS A FAKE LV.. (well, i already know) and this is what she said.." I did not state in the listing it to authentic blah blah bla.. and i do not refund for buyers remorse or second thoughts"..... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! but right now, will just hang in here and will wait for the purse to arrive and take the next action..

To MIMSTER: yes i did save all the pictures, i actually posted it here also and has been told it is really fake.. I actually havent received the purse yet,. but i already asked the seller if she would consider to accept return if i really find out IT IS A FAKE LV.. (well, i already know) and this is what she said.." I did not state in the listing it to authentic blah blah bla.. and i do not refund for buyers remorse or second thoughts"..... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! but right now, will just hang in here and will wait for the purse to arrive and take the next action..

Did you have it authenticated after purchase? How do you know it is fake? I bet you won't do that agin. Sorry for your troubles.

Based on this, you should win your case. As I undesrtand it, the seller is supposed to know the authenticity of their items BEFORE posting them. Since you have not received hte bag yet, make sure you open it in front of witnesses and take pictures of it. Maybe in front of the post man? There was a thread like this a while back where the poster took the package to her lawyer to witness.

GL

Did you have it authenticated after purchase? How do you know it is fake? I bet you won't do that agin. Sorry for your troubles.[/QUOTE. I just posted some pics here., and have been told its fake:sad: so when i get it.. Gotta have it authenticated by caroldiva.. But im still gonna find out gow i am going to do that., not really sure about the steps. Me, poor thing..whah! I just emailed her(caroldiva) twice asking about the process.. Yaayyyay! but got 0 response yet. Thanks a lot guys for all ur advice and help!!!

Did you have it authenticated after purchase? How do you know it is fake? I bet you won't do that agin. Sorry for your troubles.[/QUOTE. I just posted some pics here., and have been told its fake:sad: so when i get it.. Gotta have it authenticated by caroldiva.. But im still gonna find out gow i am going to do that., not really sure about the steps. Me, poor thing..whah! I just emailed her(caroldiva) twice asking about the process.. Yaayyyay! but got 0 response yet. Thanks a lot guys for all ur advice and help!!!

I am sorry you are going through this. From what I have heard she is pretty helpful.

Based on this, you should win your case. As I undesrtand it, the seller is supposed to know the authenticity of their items BEFORE posting them. Since you have not received hte bag yet, make sure you open it in front of witnesses and take pictures of it. Maybe in front of the post man? There was a thread like this a while back where the poster took the package to her lawyer to witness.

GL
E. That is a very wonderful idea!!! Thank u soooo much., yes i will make sure i have a witness when i open the package, and will take some pics of the purse.. I cant wait until i get it, get it authenticated, report it and open a case. Whaaaa....

I have deleted my photos simply because I have had other Ebayers STEAL my photos and use them on their auctions that are probably bogus auctions. So now, if I remember to, I delete my photos.

Also, OP, sellers are REQUIRED to be positive and KNOW without a shadow of a doubt, that their items listed as indeed, authentic. So, if she is playing the, "I never said it was an authentic LV" game, she will lose. Ebay requires that ALL items are authentic before they are listed by the seller.

I've had to delete my photos for the same reason, theft!

I try to watermark everything now, and as long as there is positive feedback, I don't see anything wrong with deleting the pics.