Anybody return an item via mail and the retailer claim they never received it?

saira1214

O.G.
May 13, 2007
I'm not sure what to do here. I returned something via USPS but was dumb and didn't get delivery confirmation nor insurance. The retailer did not provide the return label and I wanted to return it as cheaply as possible. I took two returns to the post office and the other retailer received the package, however this retailer claims they never got it. Any advice either other than "you're screwed" :P Chargeback or is that too aggressive?

When you are not in the wrong, a chargeback is never aggressive. May I ask, who is the retailer? Do they have a record of being legitimate? Does it seem that they are willing to work with you? In the future, I strongly suggest that you purchase insurance and delivery confirmation when returning merchandise via USPS, or any other carrier for that matter.

That bad news is that while you are free to file a chargeback with your CC company, you may lose due to the fact that this is a their word against yours situation. You claim you sent the package, they claim they never received it. Good luck to you, either way!

The retailer is Yesstyle. I'm not sure if they are legitimate or not. They are based in Asia, but they have a return center in California. I'll see about the charge back, but you are right, its their word against mine...

I had something like this happen.

The item wasn't delivered by USPS because of wrong address and send back to retailer.

Except retailer said that they never received the item and to wait until they do...

After 2 months of being told to wait by the retailer and getting documentation from USPS regarding tracking of the package I called my credit card company and they credited my account based on USPS documents.

However, the store now refuses to accept my credit card now, because of "dispute with CC company".

^^RPGBuff-Its comforting to hear that your chargeback worked, but did you track the package or have delivery confirmation? I stupidly did not do either :sad:

^Yeah, I'm done. I am in the process of trying to locate the reciept I got from the post office to see if there is any identifying evidence that I shipped the package to their location. Fingers crossed!!

UPDATE****If anyone is interested, I finally got the confirmation email that they received my items. I'm glad they received them but the kicker is that they refund for store credit only! This is nowhere in their return policy!!! Oh well, lesson learned. Never return a package without some sort of tracking or delivery confirmation. Also, if you use a prepaid shipping label, be sure to record the tracking number before you send it out!

UPDATE****If anyone is interested, I finally got the confirmation email that they received my items. I'm glad they received them but the kicker is that they refund for store credit only! This is nowhere in their return policy!!! Oh well, lesson learned. Never return a package without some sort of tracking or delivery confirmation. Also, if you use a prepaid shipping label, be sure to record the tracking number before you send it out!

If there is nothing in their T&C's that they only issue store credit for returns, why are you so willing to lay down and accept this?

If it were me, no offense, I would politely inform them that they have X amount of time to refund your money, as store credit only is not detailing in their terms and conditions. Give them the timeframe you stated, and if you do not receive a refund file a chargeback with your CC.

ETA: Oops, you are out of luck.

Unwanted or Unopened Item Refund
1) Unwanted or unopened items returned to YesStyle.com must be in their original packaging. Incomplete returns may be refused or disregarded. Customers are required to bear return shipping fees in cases of unwanted or unopened returns. YesStyle.com will not be responsible if return shipments are lost during return transit.
2) Refunds for unwanted or unopened items will be made in YesStyle Credit only and will be processed when returned products are received and confirmed to be in mint condition by YesStyle.com.
3) If you return some/all of the items in your original shipment and the total order amount falls below the minimum purchase requirement for Free Shipping, we will deduct the shipping cost for the remaining items since the order is no longer eligible for free shipping.

I'm not sure what to do here. I returned something via USPS but was dumb and didn't get delivery confirmation nor insurance. The retailer did not provide the return label and I wanted to return it as Jordans cheaply as possible. I took two returns to the post office and the other retailer received the package, however this retailer claims they never got it. Any advice either other than "you're screwed" :P Chargeback or is that too aggressive?

Just make sure to find that receipt. Also you have to be careful with the chargeback because some merchants favor the company and not the customer but you can get lucky as it does happen vice versa as well.

I'm not sure what to do here. I returned something via USPS but was dumb and didn't get delivery confirmation nor insurance. The retailer did not provide the return label and I wanted to return it as cheaply as possible. I took two returns to the post office and the other retailer received the package, however this retailer claims they never got it. Any advice either other than "you're screwed" :P Chargeback or is that too aggressive?

do you at least have the post office receipt? it should show the zip code where the package was going.. something that might tip the scale in your favor if you do a charge card dispute