Need your suggestion on ebay return

dunwu

Dec 12, 2009
I recently bought a "New" chanel necklace on ebay, here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...936261&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

But the one I received is definitely not new, with many peeling and scratch on the faux pearls. I was so disappointed and asked for return immediately.

The seller did responded promptly, and said he/she will refund after receive the necklace back and verify it's the original one. The weird thing is the return address is in NY, while the package was shipped from IA.

What if I send to the address the seller provided, he/she later claim it's not his/her address? What should I do to avoid get burned?

Your input are appreciated.

A side note: No free lunch:sad:

you should get it authenticated first, incase the seller complains later that you sent her a different necklace. ask her about the difference in address. if her response sounds sketchy, go through ebay and paypal to get the refund instead. you should also ask them anyways about what to do about the address situation and how you will be covered under their policy in this case. if you do deal with the seller directly, make sure you get sig confirmation on the return.

In this case I would not do the return to anywhere but the address PP or Ebay says to ship to. She can claim you did not send it to the right place and win a PP dispute. I smell a scam.

You mean I need to get it authenticated by someone locally before I send it back? I think the seller can still saying I return a different necklace other than the one get authenticated.

Now i am a little panic. If there probably gonna be a battle like you mentioned, what should I do now? taking some pics? what else? Thanks.

you should get it authenticated first, incase the seller complains later that you sent her a different necklace. ask her about the difference in address. if her response sounds sketchy, go through ebay and paypal to get the refund instead. you should also ask them anyways about what to do about the address situation and how you will be covered under their policy in this case. if you do deal with the seller directly, make sure you get sig confirmation on the return.

Did the seller sell this same necklace twice before? Or one (or two) just like it? And she has one with gold listed now.

Is it possible to have so many similar new items from Chanel? (It may be, I am pretty clueless about Chanel.)

I opened a Not as Described through Paypal. But the paypal didn't give me any return instruction/address. Instead the seller left a message in resolution center:

"Please return the necklace to me at my home address as we discussed. Once I receive the necklace and verify that it is the same once that I sent I will offer you a complete refund
Thank you.
XXX
address detail in IA"

Since the message/return address is now left on paypal, is it safe to send the item back? Sure I will use insurance+signature service. Thanks for your help!

Don't deal with the seller. Escalate to a claim through ebay/PP. They will give you instructions about returning the necklace. And be sure to do delivery signature confirmation so you can prove they get it back, and insure it. If you are confused CALL PP and ask them how to proceed.

Sound advice. Do this through the eBay/PP channels. If you wanted to me nice, you could just drop the buyer a note to inform her of your decision.

I don't see how there's anyway u can protect yourself from a claim from her that you sent a dud necklace.

Don't deal with the seller. Escalate to a claim through ebay/PP. They will give you instructions about returning the necklace. And be sure to do delivery signature confirmation so you can prove they get it back, and insure it. If you are confused CALL PP and ask them how to proceed.

and take a pic of what you are sending back so they can't dispute that they got something back that they didin't ship.. and make sure that pp/ebay knows that there are 2 different addresses.. and follow their instructions to the letter.. you don't want a shipping mishap here..also let your buyer know when you are shipping and that you will be able to track the package..so you will know when she receives it and you can contact pp to let them know the package has been delivered.. your refund should then come

I wouldn't escalate it to a claim if the seller is agreeing to a refund? I would call PP and ask them which address you need to send it to in order to be covered. Explain that she is giving you a different address and ask for their advice.

I'm in a similar situation. I am communicating with the seller to return an item that was SNAD.

I am wondering if I should open a SNAD claim. She is being cooperative but I wanted to make sure her shipping address is paypal verified.

I just called paypal and they stated that confidentiality reasons, they cannot give me the address. HUH??!!