I received my bag from Hawaii yesterday but.....

dalki

Jul 11, 2008
I received my bag yesterday and to my dismay I found some scratches on parts of the leather and the finish on one of the handles seemed to have came off a little. I immediately wrote to Joanna and requested to exchange for another new piece and am now awaiting her reply.

Has anyone encountered this before?

This is my third time purchasing from them and the past two experiences were great, so I hope this time round it will not disappoint me as well!

What bag/leather was it? This surpirses me..that bag should have been checked thoroughly..I'm SURE Joanna will make it right though...keep us posted..

It's a Tessuto Gaufre. I'm guessing it could be a display piece or a returned bag since other than the scratches and finish, some parts of the leather look slightly worn too.

I have yet to hear from Joanna, will keep you guys posted again!

Hi, I can't message you privately.. probably because I have few posts.
I'm new to buying Prada bags & really REALLY want to buy a small gauffre. So, who is this Joanna from Hawaii everyone is ordering their bags from?? Is she selling them for a lot cheaper or something?? Sorry newbie question :-s

^ Joanna works at a Prada boutique in Hawaii..the bags are a little bit less that those sold here in the US...the main reason we all use her is b/c she is such a pleasure to deal with and she is just so sweet!!!! The only 'small' gauffres I am aware of that she has are the black e/w tessutos w/ gold h/w...

I received my bag yesterday and to my dismay I found some scratches on parts of the leather and the finish on one of the handles seemed to have came off a little. I immediately wrote to Joanna and requested to exchange for another new piece and am now awaiting her reply.

Has anyone encountered this before?

This is my third time purchasing from them and the past two experiences were great, so I hope this time round it will not disappoint me as well!

Hey, post a picture of it and show us how bad it is?

^ Joanna works at a Prada boutique in Hawaii..the bags are a little bit less that those sold here in the US...the main reason we all use her is b/c she is such a pleasure to deal with and she is just so sweet!!!! The only 'small' gauffres I am aware of that she has are the black e/w tessutos w/ gold h/w...

Thanks! I was interested in the black nappa gauffre bn1407. Is possible to order that from her?

^^This is true and the other reason is that since she is in Hawaii, she is able to tap the Asia market for bags that may not be in the USA. I have been able to get things from her that I can't get in the USA. She is a real pleasure too.

Joanna will definitely make it right for you. She was at work yesterday as we spoke via email but was working late, so watch out for the time difference.

blackwinter, her email is [email protected] and just put her name in the subject--Joanna. Tell her Susan sent you. :smile:. Happy shopping.

Hi ladies, just a quick update. After I sent the pictures to them, they agreed to send another new piece and waive off the return shipping. However as they currently do not have the bag in stock, I have to wait until the next shipment arrives. But in any case I'm very happy that they are very prompt in responding to customers' feedback and reliable too, thumbs up! And that includes Joanna. :biggrin:

dear black_winter, sorry for not responding to you! I hope your bag is already on the way to you! :graucho:

Happy to hear that.So are you going to ship the return bag to them or the let you have it till the new one is here?

Till now I still can't decide whether or not to get BN1366 black from Joanna.
My main worry was scatches.
Now I guess I don't have to worry anymore with Joanna around.:smile: