New here and looking for a new bag

longfellow

Dec 29, 2006
What a fun forum! I am in the market for a new "everyday" type black bag. I like this from Coach, but open to all ideas. I like classic, but current styles.
10548_B4BK-1_d2.jpg
but I'm sure you ladies have some great suggestions. I'd like to keep the price tag under $500. Thanks in advance for opinions.

First of all, welcome! Now to the important stuff--purses!!!! I'm not good at posting pics (I see you can do that very well--I'm jealous), but have you ever looked at Cole Haan bags? They use top leather and the styles are varied; nearly all the prices are below $400, the highest I recall is $575. Go to www.colehaan.com.

Also, Marc by Marc Jacobs has some nice bags in the $400 range--some of the lines have very soft leather. Right now my everyday bag is a M by MJ totally turnlock bowler. They might be sold out, but Zappo's and other stores have some other styles.

Good luck and have fun researching the right bag for you!

Welcome! I looked at that first Coach bag tonight at the Coach store! It is GORGEOUS! I think it would be an excellent choice. It's a little sharper and more classic lined than the Legacy bags. There is also a nice black Hogan shoulder bag on eBay in your price range, but it does not have the structure of the Coach. Let us know what you pick!