Weird Ebay USPS Priority Mail Box? Shipping High?

nycshopa

Nov 7, 2009
I noticed that one of the boxes you can order is the 12" x 12" x 8" directly from ebay USPS. But the flat rate is 12 x 12 x 5.5?

Does that mean I would get charge a lot of using the 12" x 12" x 8" box based on the weight? Help! Please thank you.:smile:

If not using flat rate, the price will vary depending on the shipping zone and weight. A couple of other basic domestic options besides Flat Rate are Priority Mail or Parcel Post. You can look up the cost of all of these by using the usps.com online calculator. Sometimes it asks for the dimensions. I've used that 12-12-8 size and get charged the normal PM price, which can be a lower price than the Flat Rate.

Seems that if you go over the 15x10x12...the price jumps dramatically.
I had a shipping fiasco with this problem and found that 14x10x12 works well..but once the extra inch is added...look out. The package was going back east too.

^ Dramatically!! I shipped a box recently to california that just over the 15x10x2 (was shipping priority mail) and they wanted to charge me $47!! I ended up just using express because for 2 dollars more I could overnight it. The Post Office prices are out of control!

that is weird though, i ordered these boxes directly from the ebay USPS website, and this is the biggest one that they have, I thought these were the "flat rate large box".

Help?

yes, anything longer than 15" is charge exponantially by USPS. Buyers just don't know, I have a potentional buyer asked me to fit a 18" long bag into flat rate box, while i aksed for $25 shipping with insurance/signature on delivery, and buyers are still complaining of high shipping charge??

yes, anything longer than 15" is charge exponantially by USPS. Buyers just don't know, I have a potentional buyer asked me to fit a 18" long bag into flat rate box, while i aksed for $25 shipping with insurance/signature on delivery, and buyers are still complaining of high shipping charge??

I thin[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]k I had this potential buyer too (LOL). They want me to squeeze an expensive bag into a too small box....sorry, ain't happening! I'll guess that potential buyers li[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ke that have little or no experience shipping anything, they seem unaware of how expensive it is to ship now.[/FONT]