Has this ever happaned?

RealorNO

Mar 22, 2010
Hi I recently purchased a Louis Vuitton Damier Mens multiple wallet, which seemed to me to be really authentic. After a couple of uses in my back pocket, i noticed that the trimming from where the wallet folds had started to come off. Has this ever happened to anyone? Does this mean its fake?

you can see where the trimming had come up, once i tried to rip off part of it, more came off with it.

Attachments

• 2010-03-22 00-45-36.781.jpg
    2010-03-22 00-45-36.781.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 2010-03-22 00-45-08.968.jpg
    2010-03-22 00-45-08.968.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 145
I haven't heard of this happening, but my DH hasn't had this problem with his wallet. I think it might be a good idea to get it authenticated on the forum. Plus, you could always take it to an LV boutique and see if they will reapir it, or what they can do, the only thing is if it's not authentic they will tell you....just depends on what your comfortable with. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!

I'm sorry to hear that. That shouldn't happen after only a couple of times use even though you put it in your back pocket.

I have been using a Damier Canvas wallet for a few weeks. I just examined that part of mine, but it still looks just fine. I put my wallet in my front pocket or jacket pocket though as that part seems to be very delicate.

I would take it to an LV boutique and see what they say.

Good luck!

I put my wallet in my front pocket or jacket pocket though as that part seems to be very delicate.

this is the part that really baffles me. I mean, I am really a fan of LV, of their style, their culture and heritage, but are they really known for their durability ? I had the same thing happen to my mono florin after about 8 months of usage.

if I have to be "careful careful" about it and to put it in my front pocket or jacket pocket and be all OCD about it, then where is the durability factor ? If the brand wasn't known for its durability then it would not be so bad if this had happened ...

That is normal wear and tear - the leather edge glazing can be re-glazed by LV

which costs I think $75 to do it from the last time I checked with LV ... the point of making a durable product purchased at an expensive price is not to have it have regular wear and tear on such a frequent basis requiring it to be repaired at an equally expensive cost ...

Since this is a 2nd hand wallet, any idea how long it has been used previously?

This is happening to my husband's wallet, which has been used for about 3 1/2 years. (bought brand new at the boutique)
It's just normal wear and tear.

this is the part that really baffles me. I mean, I am really a fan of LV, of their style, their culture and heritage, but are they really known for their durability ? I had the same thing happen to my mono florin after about 8 months of usage.

if I have to be "careful careful" about it and to put it in my front pocket or jacket pocket and be all OCD about it, then where is the durability factor ? If the brand wasn't known for its durability then it would not be so bad if this had happened ...
Right. I don't want to be so careful about it either. Maybe they could toughen the edge glazing of men wallets lol?

Personally I like the wallet w/ hand-pleated corners and turned-edge construction for durability.

However, I just bought a Valextra wallet which has the leather edge glazing. Their leather edge glazing is supposed to be very good, so I cannot wait to see the wallet in person. It should be here in two days.

This is happening to my husband's wallet, which has been used for about 3 1/2 years. (bought brand new at the boutique)
It's just normal wear and tear.
3 1/2 years is not bad at all. I just have to wait and see how long mine will last. :smile: