Roadtrip from Boston to DC

thuynh

Feb 10, 2010
Hello ladies,

So I am planning another roadtrip. This time from Boston to DC to see cherry blossoms :smile: It will be my first time so unlike the Toronto trip I am on unfamiliar grounds and was hoping if any ladies has done this type of trip before. But more importantly which Coach outlets will I hit on the way? TIA!

Hi, there! I saw your thread this morning and did not have time to post any ideas. Surprised it's so quiet--everyone must be out enjoying the fabulous weather up and down the East Coast. I live outside Philadelphia and my oldest went to college in Boston so DH and I made many trips to visit, usually via outlets. First, OUTLETBOUND.COM is the best website for finding outlets. If you're traveling via 95, you can hit Wrentham, Mass and ******* Connecticut before you're even on the road that long. The mother of all outlet experiences, in my opinion and in the area you're traveling is Woodbury Commons. You need to go a little north on the New York State Thruway, but you will see things there that are available no where else.

Below that, I have to say, my knowledge gets spotty. I love Atlantic City but that is a detour for you. I know many people on this forum like Jackson, New Jersey and I think it's just off the Jersey Turnpike. Someone else will have to guide you further south. Have fun and be sure to tell us what goodies you find.

Thank you so much tudorose. I mapped out all the outlets that are in the different states I will be passing through. So far it is CT, NY, NJ, and of course we will be in MD.

I haven't heard a lot of things from people about *******, wondering how big that Outlet is and if they get FP deletes now and then. I definitely will be heading to Woodbury since everyone is saying how awesome it it. I think I won't be able to head down to Atlantic City since it is quite a detour but in MD I am deciding between Hagerstown and Queenstown.

But thank you for giving your tips/opinion and I will definitely follow-up with what I find. I think this time around I will take pics of me standing in front of the store too, hehehehe, like a documentary Coach tour scrapbook.

If you want to hit Woodbury, I suggest taking 84 instead of 95. I don't know the exit # offhand, but take 84 to the New York State Thruway (87) South & it's one exit (about 15 miles) down to Woodbury (Exit 16). HTH :smile:

Given the options you have, ******* would not be tops on my list. I have not been there for years but they never had FP deletes when I was there. I agree with sissabelle--see if you can go through route 84 at least one way, maybe heading south--its more direct to Woodbury. Wrentham has a thread so you might want to check that before you hit the road. I was lucky there a few times but again its been years. (Son graduated in 2007)

but in MD I am deciding between Hagerstown and Queenstown

i don't go to the outlets that often but i usually don't find many fp deletes at these stores if that's specifically what you are looking for. you might even consider leesburg in va since you will be down in dc anyways. it's not that far away and it's been my experience that they usually have more selection although i've heard lately that the md/va outlets have been pretty empty of fp deletes. have a safe/great trip though. i would love to see the cherry blossoms.

Its been awhile since I've been to *******, but have to say have never been impressed. I agree with others, it may be worthwhile to stop at Woodbury, but it could be a day long stop as they have so many great stores.

As for MD/DC/VA, I agree with thefishfamily, there really isn't much at Hagerstown or Queenstown. Plus Hagerstown and Queenstown are pretty far from DC. Hagerstown is approx 70 miles from DC. Its probably your best bet to head to Leesburg - its about 35 miles from DC.

Have a great time!

....Hate to burst your bubble before your trip, but even Leesburg has had mostly MFF bags lately. For over a month now, they really haven't had a lot of boutique deletes there. I live 5 miles from the Leesburg outlet and try to make it up there at least once a week. It's been quite disappointing lately, but then again, in reading other stores threads, it sounds like it's this way everywhere practically.

I'm going to go against the flow and say that I love *******. Since it's not a haven for large groups of foreign tourists, most of the people who shop there don't know the difference between a FP delete and a MFF bag, so FP deletes stay on the shelves longer!! (I found a GREAT one and my favorite SA told me that they got TWO of them in the day before....and one was still there, waiting for ME) At Woodbury, they get scooped up right away, so if you're not going to be either place first thing in the AM....hit Wrentham in MA then go to *******....IMHO.

^

That's not always the case with Woodbury. I usually go right when they open, but tend to stay at least an hour or leave to hit a few other stores then go back because they can bring out things you don't see at first. The day I got my platinum Lily I think they finally brought them out around 11:30 am. They have so much stock that what you see can change from minute to minute. I've also had alot of luck going midweek an hour or two before close. It's not as busy & alot of times they are bringing out new things. I'll admit I'm a little biased, but do feel it's worth the stop because they get bags most outlets don't (like that Lily, Kira, and other LE items) & there's so many other great stores there too :smile:

^

That's not always the case with Woodbury. I usually go right when they open, but tend to stay at least an hour or leave to hit a few other stores then go back because they can bring out things you don't see at first. The day I got my platinum Lily I think they finally brought them out around 11:30 am. They have so much stock that what you see can change from minute to minute. I've also had alot of luck going midweek an hour or two before close. It's not as busy & alot of times they are bringing out new things. I'll admit I'm a little biased, but do feel it's worth the stop because they get bags most outlets don't (like that Lily, Kira, and other LE items) & there's so many other great stores there too :smile:

Ohhhh, thanks for the strategy tips!! I'm half way between ******* & Woodbury and I just usually hit ******* cuz Woodbury is such a zoo. And I usually go during the week since I'm not working right now :sad: