need some opinions

Feb 8, 2007
hi all,
i actually asked one of the mods if it was okay to post this question...i am NOT trying to sell something on this sub forum, i just want to ask those of you who are familiar with LP a question...i purchased a dylan large speedy in the dark olive color and used it maybe 4 or 5 times before realizing that i wanted it in a different color...i am going to try to sell it but wanted to ask those of you who know LP bags what your thoughts are in terms of how much to ask for it...i find that i am always underselling my bags and i don't want to do that this time...the dilemma is that i want to recoup enough so that i can have a decent amount to put towards the LP that i want in a different color, but, i also want to price it to sell...any thoughts or suggestions?
thanks so much!

My suggestion would be to sell it via an auction and not through a Buy-It-Now. I think you will get more for it that way. There is a big market for LP bags on e-bay, especially for the popular ones. If you start the bidding fairly reasonable and take great shots; you will have a far greater chance of matching or surpassing your purchase price.

You mention, you usually under sell your bags. Is this through action or Buy-It-Now style selling?

Last edited:
swolf...it's always been through auction...i get kind of anxious when a couple of days have gone by and there are no bids, so, i automatically lower the price...i love this bag, just want it in a different color so i don't want to let it go for cheap money...argghhh!!!

swolf...it's always been through auction...i get kind of anxious when a couple of days have gone by and there are no bids, so, i automatically lower the price...i love this bag, just want it in a different color so i don't want to let it go for cheap money...argghhh!!!

What are you starting the bidding at? I think $49.99 is good place to start. You can also set a reserve on the item, so it won't be sold under your asking price. Though you will get more bids without a reserve and a lower start. Could you PM me a link of some of your old auctions, so I can suggest further?

i agree with that, however, if i start at 49.99 and the bidding only goes to 100 i'm going to be very unhappy...usually i don't "strategize" this much, but, i really want to make sure i get a fair deal on this one...
thanks!

If you are going to do an auction I would start at your bottom line. I don't get reserve auctions, why not just start there. I never bid until the last few seconds. I don't get the point in bidding something up. I just put in my best offer and if I get it I get it and if I don't then I'm fine with it.

i agree with that, however, if i start at 49.99 and the bidding only goes to 100 i'm going to be very unhappy...usually i don't "strategize" this much, but, i really want to make sure i get a fair deal on this one...
thanks!

ITA, but it was only example. My last sell I started a $49.99 b/c I was happy to let it go for around a $100. If you wish to sell it higher, you may want to start higher. You can always start the bidding near or at the price you want for it, however you may risk not getting many bites. I think if you want to go that route you should try selling it on Bonanzle or ecrater. The disadvantages with those sites are less buyers and it may take awhile to sell if at all. That's why I put up e-bays high prices.