Frustration of not being able to carry my beauties!!!!

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
UGH!!! As much as I HATED being laid off for nearly a year, I loved being able to hop in and out of my different bags!!! I have nearly 20 and like to try and get most of them into the rotation atleast once a month.

Now that I'm back to work I simply CAN NOT carry 95% of my bags except on the weekends. I work in a factory that manufactures seats for the agricultural industry (Deere, CAT, BobCAT etc.) and it's DiRtY, dirty, dirty work!!! I like the work, and the pays quite good BUT I have to stick to black signature or leather and try and carry only one bag all the time!!! By the time I make it to the weekend I figure why bother switching and I've found myself cow tied to my Zoe for 4 weeks straight now!!! I like Zoe well enough but my collection in general is suffering!!!!

Does anyone else have the same issue???

I hate having all these gorgeous bags that just SIT. I used to carry whatever I wanted and I'd put in a LARGE clear plastic bag while I was there...now that just seems like a hassle!

Suggestions???

my bag normally wouldn't get dirty at work since I'm at a desk but I'm super clumsy so pen marks and liquid spilling..yah..>.< I use the dustbag to cover it..my team lead notice and teased me about having a white dustbag last week and a brown one this week..

I am in a different situation then you but I understand. I go to school during the week so I don't get to use my purses as much as I'd like either. I just use my ugly but functional backpack. Many girls carry purses and backpacks but I don't. I suppose I could bring them to school but it would just be more to carry and there aren't clean places to set them down etc. I pretty much only use my bags after school and on the weekends and sometimes I wonder why I spend so much only to use them so little of the time.

Yup... I am a bartender..
NONE of my bags go wo work with me .. :sad:
I do have a couple of swingpacks and pouches (Coach) that I use for work only.
I work in a GREAT place but no no for me.

get a organizer (purse to go, purseket, etc) and flop the thing in and out instantly.

I think you're completely missing the point. She's saying that because she works in a dirty work environment that she isn't able to use her Coach bags. It's not because she hates having to take everything out of her purse and put it in a new one.

Anyway, you still have after work and on the weekends to use all your fabulous purses. I work in a coffee shop so when I come home I'm all sticky and everything reeks of coffee. It's not a bad scent per say, but trust me, it gets annoying. Even my old car smelt like coffee. For this reason, I dare not bring any of my Coach purses to work. It sucks, but I think it's a small sacrifice to make to be employed and definitely not a big deal.

Yes, work in retail and have to carry a clear purse, but that is where my wristlets come in handy. I keep things in those and my wallet, then I can just throw everything into my Coach when I get off without alot of hassle.

My job can be dirty, but I carry my bags to work anyway. I work a lot, so if I didn't take them to work, I would rarely ever carry them. I did not always do this, but I realized I had several bags I loved, that were never getting carried. Which made me think...what's the point of having them...you know? I am also a little less paranoid about them than I use to be. I am very careful with them, but I try to remind myself that they are made to be used. I do have a couple of light colored bags though that I would never carry to work...that's just asking for trouble...kind of like walking around with a cup of coffee while wearing a white shirt!:wacko:

I think you're completely missing the point. She's saying that because she works in a dirty work environment that she isn't able to use her Coach bags. It's not because she hates having to take everything out of her purse and put it in a new one.

Anyway, you still have after work and on the weekends to use all your fabulous purses. I work in a coffee shop so when I come home I'm all sticky and everything reeks of coffee. It's not a bad scent per say, but trust me, it gets annoying. Even my old car smelt like coffee. For this reason, I dare not bring any of my Coach purses to work. It sucks, but I think it's a small sacrifice to make to be employed and definitely not a big deal.

i didnt miss the point. i'm saying its easier to switch out on the weekends. you can have a bag for sat/ sun, lunch/ dinner, or day, club. she will be able to get more usage during the time that she can use her bag. allowing the same oppt. after work. presuming she doesn't work more than 10 hrs a day- she can easily switch out at the end of a work day and on wknds. thank you!

This is ME!!! I used to carry all my bags (well-most of them) to work, and like I said we have these HUGE plastic bags we wrap seats in and I'd wrap them. Maybe it's different for me because I work 2nd shift and feel like there's little point in switching bags just to grocery shop etc in the daytime. UGH!

I do have a purse organizer, and switching isn't TOO BAD for me...IDK. Maybe I'll feel better when the weather is nice, feel like putting forth the effort?!

It also stears me in the dirrection of always buying black bags (which I already have an abundance of) because I feel like they're "safe." I'm thinking of buying a lighter style patent bag (like Alex stitched tote) and giving that a shot. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade being employed again for all the bags in the world, but it kinda SUCKS that I feel I can't carry them when I want.

My job can be dirty, but I carry my bags to work anyway. I work a lot, so if I didn't take them to work, I would rarely ever carry them. I did not always do this, but I realized I had several bags I loved, that were never getting carried. Which made me think...what's the point of having them...you know? I am also a little less paranoid about them than I use to be. I am very careful with them, but I try to remind myself that they are made to be used. I do have a couple of light colored bags though that I would never carry to work...that's just asking for trouble...kind of like walking around with a cup of coffee while wearing a white shirt!:wacko:

This is ME!!! I used to carry all my bags (well-most of them) to work, and like I said we have these HUGE plastic bags we wrap seats in and I'd wrap them. Maybe it's different for me because I work 2nd shift and feel like there's little point in switching bags just to grocery shop etc in the daytime. UGH!

I do have a purse organizer, and switching isn't TOO BAD for me...IDK. Maybe I'll feel better when the weather is nice, feel like putting forth the effort?!

It also stears me in the dirrection of always buying black bags (which I already have an abundance of) because I feel like they're "safe." I'm thinking of buying a lighter style patent bag (like Alex stitched tote) and giving that a shot. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade being employed again for all the bags in the world, but it kinda SUCKS that I feel I can't carry them when I want.

I like your idea of getting a patent bag, with its wipe-clean wearability. Maybe check out some coated canvas pieces, such as the Heritage Stripe line?

If there are space constraints for stashing away your bag at work, a crossbody style could be an option.

Perhaps pick up an inexpensive washable zip-top canvas tote as a work bag, and stuff your Coach bag inside the tote during the day? Then you could carry your Coach to and from work and even to lunch, but also have a carryable way to keep her clean during the day. Plus, you could carry an umbrella, newspaper or other items in the tote.

Ugh that stinks! I work in an elementary school and I used to worry about my purses and sticky fingers! :P Now I just stow them in a closet out of a kid's reach!

Congrats on being employed! I am at a year unemployed and I have so many resumes out but no one is calling.
I understand the frustration of not carrying your lovelies on a daily basis. I would look for something that is fun that you can carry w/o worry. Maybe something non Coach like something that costs less from TJ Maxx OR I must say the LV mono or damier canvas is perfect for daily use. It wipes clean, the bags are strong and hold a lot. Then on the weekends you can look forward to carrying your Coach bags again.

hmmm... looks like an opportunity for a new fun/cute wallet and/or wristlet, and other accessories!

I would stick to the safe bag (patent/coated canvas) , I understand it's frustrating, just use it as an excuse to get some fun purse innards LOL