Is nude the new black?

ali74

O.G.
May 29, 2008
It seems as though nude is the new black this season.. I've especially seen the trend in shoes. I'm now looking for a nude bag. I've been hunting, but it's not as easy as it seems, so many bags are beige, cream, or brown. I did see this one by MJ in raw sugar:
************FFFFF]saksfifthavenue.com/media/images/constant/upArrow_v1_m56577569831474895.gif[/COLOR]​

************FFFFF]saksfifthavenue.com/media/images/constant/upArrow_v1_m56577569831474895.gif[/COLOR]​
images.saksfifthavenue.com/images/products/04/093/2699/0409326990437/0409326990437R_60x80.jpg
wow.. that's small - here's the link: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...LBASE001&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=0883936324682.

What are your thoughts on the trend and does anyone have any good suggestions?

i think it's really hot this season..... it's a great neutral too. i wouldn't say it's the new black, but it's almost! much more popular than brown these days.

I think nude/beige/bone, whatever you call it, is a great trend. It's neutral, classy, and versatile. I think metallic, like a pewter or bronze, is the same. I've been doing the whole nude trend with nail polish...lots of neutral shades and light metallics.

There's a nude shoe thread in the glass slipper section about nude shoes.

I'm glad after the trend of jewel tones and brights that it's gone back to neutral.

I'm so pleased nude/beige/tan/camel bags are coming through collections again - after a couple of years of desperately searching for nude bags I'm finally feeling spoilt for choice.

I'm currently considering the following BV:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/61351

Or this Anya Hindmarch:

http://www.matchesfashion.com/fcp/p...rch-ah-x-clarice-leathe-bags/15039?colour=tan

There is also one by Bally - the Vanilla large tote in an embossed ivory, but I haven't found a pic online yet.

I have to decide between these three (and anything else divine that takes my fancy!). What I am particularly loving with beige/nude bags atm is the Jimmy Choo 24 7 collection nude shoes - it's so classic chic to match them (not too matchy-matchy, but just enough to add polish!) There are also some absolutely divine CLs in camel patent leather right now.

BTW, I'm also rocking my LV Alma in Epi Canelle at least once a week while all this camel/beige is happening.

IMO Nude will never replace black but just as brown supplemented black in the winter, so is nude supplementing cream and white for the spring and summer which is why the color is so prevelent!

I love a nude colored bag, esp in spring and summer. The MJ Dr Q bag in the picture looks more ivory to me--lighter than what I'd call nude. One concern I have is that if you go with nude or ivory as opposed to a bit darker like camel, dirt and marks become a bigger risk factor.
That BV picture is a lovely nude color IMHO.

IMO Nude will never replace black but just as brown supplemented black in the winter, so is nude supplementing cream and white for the spring and summer which is why the color is so prevelent!

ITA - while nude is lovely, I think that for practical purses (higher maintenance, etc.) it will likely not "replace" black for a long period of time. I do really like this trend, though!

But I still prefer blacks and jewel tones. :biggrin: (They work better with my wardrobe and coloring).

I think nude/beige/bone, whatever you call it, is a great trend. It's neutral, classy, and versatile. I think metallic, like a pewter or bronze, is the same. I've been doing the whole nude trend with nail polish...lots of neutral shades and light metallics.

There's a nude shoe thread in the glass slipper section about nude shoes.

I'm glad after the trend of jewel tones and brights that it's gone back to neutral.

^agree here especially about the shoes and nails...:biggrin: