Which MJ bag should I purchase?

• Classic Quilted Leather Stam

• Desir Quilted Leather Stam

• Desir Large Single Leather Shoulder Bag

Results are only viewable after voting.

aes1783

O.G.
Mar 5, 2010
I wanted to get the opinion of some seasoned MJ enthusiasts. I am about to purchase my first Marc Jacobs bag (I'm moving on up from Marc by Marc Jacobs) and I've always loved the Classic Quilted Stam. Well Bloomi's is having their FF sale next weekend and I was planning on ordering online, but just as of yesterday the bag is no longer available on their website. Now, I know I can do a pre-sale through a store, but I don't have a Bloomi's in my state so I'd have to pay the S&H as well as sales tax (which can add up with you're dropping over a $1,000). Anyway, Bloomi's does have Desir Stam, but I just kind of feel like the Classic is better because well, it's classic! Other than the chain I'm not really sure if there are any other differences as I have never seen the Desir in person. Bloomi's also has the Desir Shoulder Bag which I think is so cute, but I just feel like I should start my collection off with something timeless and classic.

I'd like your opinions. What do you all think? I created a poll above :smile:
MarcJacobsClassicQuiltedStam-1.jpg

DesirStam.jpg

base_media.jpg

Last edited:
I was just looking at these the other day b/c I want a black classic stam. I have a bronze from S/S 07. Anyway, the Desir Noir while I have not seen it in person says it is cracked and stamped rather than the classic smooth leather. It looks interesting actually a little more different than the classic leather, which is still smooth and supple. I have seen this in person. I also like the strap better too!

Go for the classic! It's what you really want - the Desir is interesting, but some of the python stamped leather isn't as soft as the classic.

If you order from a store, you won't have to pay sales tax. You'll probably have to pay shipping, but they can't charge sales tax if there isn't a Bloomingdales in your state (online or over the phone).

Good luck!

Go for the classic! It's what you really want - the Desir is interesting, but some of the python stamped leather isn't as soft as the classic.

If you order from a store, you won't have to pay sales tax. You'll probably have to pay shipping, but they can't charge sales tax if there isn't a Bloomingdales in your state (online or over the phone).

Good luck!

I knew this is true for Saks; is it true for Bloomingdale's as well?

I am having the same issue right now. I am trying to pick between the classic and patchwork. Ug..good luck to you! There are so many great MJ bags out there. I would say between the 3 you have posted, Classic gets my vote :heart:

/\ Thanks PM - yep BOM if a store is not located in your state, they don't have "nexus", or a presence within the state. Since they are not doing business in the state, they do not collect and remit sales tax to that state.

Technically you are supposed to pay use tax whenever you buy something and are not charged sales tax. But they have a hard time enforcing that of individuals! Corporations pay use tax all the time. We're all tax-evading criminals ;)

Thanks for all the feedback guys! According to the poll so far it's unanimous. I guess it was pretty obvious on what I have my heart set on so I'm going to go for the classic. I think you're all right about the no sales tax either! I do know you're suppose to claim it on your taxes each year, which I do, but I always give a very "rough" estimate, hehe.