Year Stamp - Hermès Evelyne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a pm evelyne and I believe it was under the base of the strap when closing the bag, under that semi circle leather. Someone please correct me lol.

I've had a pm evelyne and I believe it was under the base of the strap when closing the bag, under that semi circle leather. Someone please correct me lol.

It's not there.
I checked all over the bag.
I called an Hermès store in São Paulo, Brazil, where I am currently at, and the saleswoman explained to me that it's not a rule, that sometimes it doesn't have this mark.
She told me that sometimes the mark comes in bags that were made under request, at the atelier, like the Birkin bag, where you're in a list and need to request it.
She said that if I have the authenticity card with the hologram and send it along with the bag, it will prove that it's not a fake.
I do have it, actually.

It's not there.
I called an Hermès store in São Paulo, Brazil, where I am currently at, and the saleswoman explained to me that it's not a rule, that sometimes it doesn't have this mark.
She told me that sometimes the mark comes in bags that were made under request, at the atelier, like the Birkin bag, where you're in a list and need to request it.
She said that if I have the authenticity card with the hologram and send it along with the bag, it will prove that it's not a fake.
I do have it, actually.

The absence of the craftsman stamp does not a fake H bag make. BUT there is never ever any authenticity card (with hologram) for H. Never.

Reactions: Jem131
It's not there.
I do have it, actually.

That particular SA probably used to work in a Chanel boutique........:P

Forgive me for my English, I chose the wrong words.
I bought my handbag at the Hermes store at the Charles de Gaulle airport, in Paris.
It's not an authenticity card, it's a paper card that came with the bag, speaking of the leather, it says HERMES CUIR on the front. And the envelope has the Hermès mark engraved to it, not a hologram. I took a picture so you can see what I am talking about:

-1-3.jpg

The absence of the craftsman stamp does not a fake H bag make. BUT there is never ever any authenticity card (with hologram) for H. Never.

You are absolutely right. I already posted the picture of the card that came with my bag.
I am sorry, I just panic at the idea of people thinking I'm a counterfeit seller. Really. I would never.

OK...hmmm.

I am sorry, but I have never heard of a store advising anyone that a paper card would suffice as proof of authenticity for a bag... If authenticating a bag, I would never be comfortable telling a potential buyer to rely on this card as a reassurance that a bag is good, and I would never myself feel that the paper had any importance if it was sent with a bag I was buying. We have all seen too many cases of bad receipts. We have also all seen too many examples of good accessories (box, etc.) used to "prop up" a bad bag.

This is the first time I ever heard this, and quite shocked that the instructions might have come from someone at a boutique. This does not sound right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jem131
I am sorry, but I have never heard of a store advising anyone that a paper card would suffice as proof of authenticity for a bag... If authenticating a bag, I would never be comfortable telling a potential buyer to rely on this card as a reassurance that a bag is good, and I would never myself feel that the paper had any importance if it was sent with a bag I was buying. We have all seen too many cases of bad receipts. We have also all seen too many examples of good accessories (box, etc.) used to "prop up" a bad bag.

This is the first time I ever heard this, and quite shocked that the instructions might have come from someone at a boutique. This does not sound right.

OH, yes I absolutely agree....I only meant that I was relieved there was no hologram card. but this paper card says nothing about authenticity, and you are right in every way. I edited my post, too.

Mostly this made me :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.