tried to replace keys for lock... now i'm confused

roxyaloha5454

Jul 3, 2009
So I went into LV yesterday to buy the whole lock set I needed to get the lock of my speedy that i didn't have keys for. I told the girl the number I needed and she said i have to bring it to them for them to take the lock off my bag and then they would give me a new lock, but it wont be the same number. I want the same number lock so i don't have to have a lock that is completely useless. Then she told me that they only have one lock number (at a time i think), and it's not the number I needed. This really confuses me because I thought they had a different variety of numbers in their stock, not just one. Any one know how this works and how I can get the exact lock number I need??

I understand your frustration. Maybe call another boutique and ask for a lock with the number that you need? Since they come with 2 keys you would have 2 locks that would be of use instead of 1 lock and 2 keys.:tup:

I think you misunderstood the SA.
I think she means she's going to give you a brand new set - meaning a new lock and two new keys to match it. Theyre gonna take off your current useless lock and give you a brandnew set.

If you are looking at just replacing the keys, then you may have to call the other stores or look into buying on ebay or bonz. Otherwise you're only other solution is to buy a brand new set of lock & keys.

Yes I have to agree with the others, sounds like she will be giving you a full new set of 1 lock and 2 keys and you wont need your old lock anymore. What she said about having only one numbered set at a time doesn't seem right. When I went to buy an extra set I was able to choose between a few numbers (I like numbers that follow or double digits) So I would ask her to clarify what she meant.

So I went into LV yesterday to buy the whole lock set I needed to get the lock of my speedy that i didn't have keys for. I told the girl the number I needed and she said i have to bring it to them for them to take the lock off my bag and then they would give me a new lock, but it wont be the same number. I want the same number lock so i don't have to have a lock that is completely useless. Then she told me that they only have one lock number (at a time i think), and it's not the number I needed. This really confuses me because I thought they had a different variety of numbers in their stock, not just one. Any one know how this works and how I can get the exact lock number I need??

If you lose your keys, you can't get new ones. You CAN take your piece to the store, and they will use a master key to open the lock for you, so that you can take it off. That's better than having to cut it off, which I just had to do for a lock on my vintage 45. The bag is so old that they didn't have a master key for it, so my SA gave me a new lock and key set, and my DH cut it off. Since I am a LV junkie, I have the cut lock sitting on the top portion of my desk!
:biggrin: Another lock that I've lost keys for, my SA opened with a master key, and now my daughter is using it as a bag charm on the Tambourine that I gave her. :graucho: