A question for all of you Coach gals

Hi! I'm looking into purchasing my first handbag. I stopped in a coach store to have a look around. I had mentioned to the SA that I had been to the Coach outlets. She stated to me that the Coach outlets carry a completely different line then the actual stores. Is this true? Although yesterday I was looking at coach.com and I had swore I saw the same purse that I was going to purchase at the outlet.

I would appreciate if you could please help me out! Thanks! :smile:

There are different styles that are MFF (Made For Factory) that have an F#### on the creed. However, since they accept returns from the FP (Full Price) stores, you may see some returns from the boutiques. Also, some bags once inventory gets low, get "deleted" and sent to the outlets. Most items that are purchased at the outlet have a circle or "bullseye" on the creed, but many times they don't stamp them at all.

Confused more yet? LOL

its confusing all around i think
sometimes there are purses that full price sends to factory to sell as is
and sometimes people return fp purchases at factory and instead of sending it back, factory simply places it on the floor

a lot of times, you will see the same style different color as a color has been deleted/discontinued

and mostly, you would see bags that end up at factory from full price..so you might have seen it on coach.com or store before and then a week later ends up at factory..

Sometimes the handbag is at the outlet and still on the website. My Teal Lindsay was still on the website, full price, on the day I purchased it at the outlet. So it is possible the handbag you saw on the website was at the outlet also, sometimes in the same color sometimes in a discontinued color.

Some SA's get a little bit of an attitude when you mention the outlet - like it's some kind of state secret. Not sure why, it's all revenue for Coach Corp.

The outlet does carry their own MFF (Made for Factory) line, but they also carry deletes from the full price store.

What style of bag do you have in mind?

Thanks for your reply! I really don't have a certain bag in mind, it's so hard to decide. I'm looking for a black classic bag. I'm always tempted by the bright colors but I know a black bag will be my best bet. :smile: Oh by the way I really like the bag in your avatar picture!

Last edited:
There are different styles that are MFF (Made For Factory) that have an F#### on the creed. However, since they accept returns from the FP (Full Price) stores, you may see some returns from the boutiques. Also, some bags once inventory gets low, get "deleted" and sent to the outlets. Most items that are purchased at the outlet have a circle or "bullseye" on the creed, but many times they don't stamp them at all.

Confused more yet? LOL

LOL geez I asked the SA at the Coach store why did the outlet have some items from the Poppy collection. She told me they weren't supposed to carry the Poppy but some how they got sent to the outlet stores. ;)

its confusing all around i think
sometimes there are purses that full price sends to factory to sell as is
and sometimes people return fp purchases at factory and instead of sending it back, factory simply places it on the floor

a lot of times, you will see the same style different color as a color has been deleted/discontinued

and mostly, you would see bags that end up at factory from full price..so you might have seen it on coach.com or store before and then a week later ends up at factory..

LOL That's crazy! I guess it's better to check the factory for a better deal, eh? :smile:

Sometimes the handbag is at the outlet and still on the website. My Teal Lindsay was still on the website, full price, on the day I purchased it at the outlet. So it is possible the handbag you saw on the website was at the outlet also, sometimes in the same color sometimes in a discontinued color.

Some SA's get a little bit of an attitude when you mention the outlet - like it's some kind of state secret. Not sure why, it's all revenue for Coach Corp.

Yeah I was kind of surprised the outlet had their own "line" per say. The SA acted like it was a BIG deal like the bags are not as good! I thought a Coach was a Coach LOL. :biggrin:

if you have one near you--always!!

sometimes some bags I would even tell certain customers to wait..those that I feel I'm close enough to tell them that there is a lot of, and isn't selling so hot. so better to wait..and get xxx that is lower in quantity and selling great..course some shops both outlet and fp so they know and i don't really tell them..but let them decide

I've gone as far as to help a certain tpfer customer track down bags at factory and I know she gets asked by others as well and I've have always answered

Last edited: