Not to be offensive but do you tend to assume other LV bags/wallets you see are fake?

Do you tend to assume other LV bags but yours are fake? If you see them on a stranger

• Honestly, yes I do.

• No, I can tell the difference.

• I do, but that is because majority of what I have seen are fake.

• No, because i've never seen a fake bag infront of me.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 16, 2008
Hey all :love:,

Some of you might find this a bit offensive, but i'm coming from a good place i promise :biggrin: hehehe.

I noticed that many of us tend to look at a stranger carrying an LV bag, wallet, scarf, whatever, and without hesitating state that they are carrying a fake LV. Maybe that is why all those "bad looks" are given to one another. You never know, both individuals could be carrying real LVs.

Why do you think we actually do that? Can you really tell if their LV is fake or not, or do you just assume that not many people out there can afford the bag. Do you base your decisions on race, nationality, etc.?

I'm just trying to understand the "psychology" if you will, behind it. I find it quite fascinating how quick many of us jump to conclusions.

Anyway, share your opinions please :biggrin:.

No, I like to think that all are autenthic, but I do look really good on everyones bags, and wery often I see that it is a fake:sad: But I know never to jugde by the way people dress, cause I can look like hell, and still I carry a LV... So I guess other do the same..

I was at a parade yesterday, and I saw a young gal carrying around a graffiti speedy and I wondered if it was real, just based on her age. I really can never tell if a bag is fake unless their is some gross deformation on the outside of the purse, like a weird looking pull tab or something like that.

I do see a lot of "canal street fakes" especially when I venture downtown(no offense to anyone who lives downtown as I have seen plenty of authentic LV also). I do see mostly authentic bags around where I live, although I have seen my fair share of canal street fakes uptown as well. I never assume anyone's bag is fake unless it is obvious. When I see a speedy with huge orange handles it is a given.

Well with monogram, usually I'll see the leather darkened on most people's bags, so I'll assume it's real, unless Canal St. is getting smarter with fakes and making already patina'd pocketbooks.
With Damier, which I'm seeing more and more of, I can't really tell. But a lot of people in my area that are my age, are VERRRRRYYYY materialistic, so I assume it's real.
With older people, not old old, it's 50/50.
But to be honest I don't worry about it, until someone would have to audacity to call out my bag, then the gloves are coming off! :smile:

BTW you're on a roll with all the threads ,OP

I think I usually assume it's real unless I see something glaring like feet on the bottom of a speedy. Or a design that LV never made...like a MC Galliera.

Early on, I was judging people by their looks and assuming their LVs were authentic in reality they were not. Now I know a bit better, I don't assume LVs are fake, but I do look out of curiosity.

I can usually tell the difference in RL.
When I went back to Hong Kong with my family, I was really surprised with the grade A fakes that were selling there. Fakes are getting so well made these days, if I can't tell the authenticity of it, then I will just leave it alone and assume for the best.

Well with monogram, usually I'll see the leather darkened on most people's bags, so I'll assume it's real, unless Canal St. is getting smarter with fakes and making already patina'd pocketbooks.

You'd be surprised. The newer counterfeit bags are scary accurate. The more expensive knock offs have accurate date codes, leather that darkens, appropriate monogram placement, appropriate stitching, etc. 9 times out of 10, the typical gal of the street wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's like... It's like a generation of super fakes... Frightening!!

You'd be surprised. The newer counterfeit bags are scary accurate. The more expensive knock offs have accurate date codes, leather that darkens, appropriate monogram placement, appropriate stitching, etc. 9 times out of 10, the typical gal of the street wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's like... It's like a generation of super fakes... Frightening!!

ITA...it's getting hard to tell the difference sometimes...but i don't care about that...all i care is mine are real and i'm proud to carry them around with no shame...:yahoo:

I have a friend who buys top notch fakes (which i've never understood because for the same price she could get pre loved authentics). But the other day she was showing me her new damier zippy wallet she got. It was a little different then an authentic one (two zippers not one) but the material felt the exact same as my authentic one! Unless you were very familiar with LV and knew they didn't make that wallet you would never know it was fake. The materials are just getting better and better!