The outnet- never again

CYPRUS

More Chanel Please!
O.G.
Mar 23, 2006
Sorry for the rant but when you advertise a flash sale you should have at least the minimum texhnical support. 20 minutes to log in. 5 minutes to open every page only to discover that it was sold out. I logged in 11 times. What a waste of half an hour! I am disgusted.....:censor::throwup:

I don't think it's necessarily their fault. Obviously they didn't have the bandwidth to support the number of users who were trying to login at once. A site can only be so prepared...

I'd cut them a wee bit of slack. Imagine how many people are trying to gain access to the site... especially if it's a coveted item. Your feelings are understandable though! Netaporter, their sister site tends to be pretty legit and I've never heard any other complaints about them or the Outnet so maybe you should give them another chance? :smile:

I'd cut them a wee bit of slack. Imagine how many people are trying to gain access to the site... especially if it's a coveted item. Your feelings are understandable though! Netaporter, their sister site tends to be pretty legit and I've never heard any other complaints about them or the Outnet so maybe you should give them another chance? :smile:

Just to be perfectly clear, I am a big fan of Net-a-porter and I know both sites are legit. My rant never concerned a "legitimacy" issue. Also I am no technician to knoew details of what they should have done. What I said is that they ought to have anticipated a lot of people logging in and should have technically prepared their site to accept them succesfully.

Just to be perfectly clear, I am a big fan of Net-a-porter and I know both sites are legit. My rant never concerned a "legitimacy" issue. Also I am no technician to knoew details of what they should have done. What I said is that they ought to have anticipated a lot of people logging in and should have technically prepared their site to accept them succesfully.

You can't "technically prepare" a website to meet the demands of a large volume of visitors. Again, this is a bandwidth issue that no one can predict - period.

You can't "technically prepare" a website to meet the demands of a large volume of visitors. Again, this is a bandwidth issue that no one can predict - period.

ITA. This issue happens all the time when retailers are having big sales. We are all waiting and we are all logging in at the same time. It's to be expected that things will be slow..

I was gutted- I had a couple of pairs of Chloe sunglasses, a stella mcartney dress and shoes and another couple of things in my basket, was one screen away from confirming the purchase and the website took me back to the home page, with an empty basket- arghh!! But I do understand that it is just one of those things...

I was gutted- I had a couple of pairs of Chloe sunglasses, a stella mcartney dress and shoes and another couple of things in my basket, was one screen away from confirming the purchase and the website took me back to the home page, with an empty basket- arghh!! But I do understand that it is just one of those things...

Omg I would have fainted!!!!

I can't tell you how many times stuff like that has happened to me! "Gutted" is a great way to describe it!

to the OP -- sorry you had such a frustrating experience.

It doesn't really work like that, no. And frankly, there is no way to predict how many visitors you will have to your site, even during a flash sale - let me reiterate this point...

I realize that some people are more patient an understanding than me :graucho: It's just that I have shopped from several websites during sale and this the only one that had so many problems. In any case, I would suggest to be able to keep items in the basket for 15 minutes. I don't thing it is unreasonable...

I can't tell you how many times stuff like that has happened to me! "Gutted" is a great way to describe it!

to the OP -- sorry you had such a frustrating experience.
Thanks for the understanding!

I know what you're talking about. The moment the sale went live, the site got extremely slow. At first, I had to log in every time I opened a new product in a new tab and then was taken back to the main page, I got empty basket twice. Perseverance...everyone was experiencing the same problems so it was unlikely for all the good stuff to be sold out in the first five, or even fifteen, minutes. Yes, it sucked the big one and was very frustrating, but this has not happened at the Outnet before in my experience and the site was a lot faster about half an hour into the sale. Many people probably did give up, but looking at what they have left - 42 items out of 607 on the international site - it went well for the company.

Can europeans buy in the US page?
I found at least 2 bags that was sold out on european sale available on the US page.
So is it really sold out??? Does that mean there's 2 completely different pages?

Can europeans buy in the US page?
I found at least 2 bags that was sold out on european sale available on the US page.
So is it really sold out??? Does that mean there's 2 completely different pages?

You get redirected to the international site when checking out. I also found out that their prices are waaaaay higher when buying from Europe - even up to 20 % on some items. I had an item I was getting, but when i was redirected the price skyrocketed, and i went and talked with the live help as i thought surely that was an error - but nopes.

I ended up not getting it - i would gladly paid for extra shiping, of course, but not more for the item itself.