Breaking news on CNN Intl: U.S. officials: Hussein execution *UPDATED*

I've read that the US govt. is pressing for the hanging to take place right away, this weekend. The Iraqi officials wanted to put it off for a month or more. My only concern is for the troops and the innocent Iraqis put in harms way. Pray for them all.

From what I understand, the execution must take place within 30 days...so it needs to be done by the end of January. Now, IDK if this is the US's way of starting the New Year off fresh and new...but, I'm not sure if the timing is so great!

I just can't see this going well for the US. I think the number of deaths for troops is going to skyrocket in the upcoming months, not to mention Sunnis vs. Shiites relations. Not to mention innocent Iraqi citizens that are going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time during retaliations.

He's a horrible horrible horrible man, but I can't see anything good coming out of his death.

Ugh. what a mess.

Hate to say it, but if it wasn't this particular event, there would just be another. Conditions are very hostile, but we all know that.
At least the guy won't be using up anymore food or oxygen on the planet. Thats one good thing.....
Also, they are doing a good job of confusing everyone as to when it will actually happen. This will hopefully curtail some violence.

I just can't see this going well for the US. I think the number of deaths for troops is going to skyrocket in the upcoming months, not to mention Sunnis vs. Shiites relations. Not to mention innocent Iraqi citizens that are going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time during retaliations.

He's a horrible horrible horrible man, but I can't see anything good coming out of his death.

Ugh. what a mess.

:yes: ITA

It's scary to even think about it...