Very Rude SA at the Woodbury!!!

jainstein

O.G.
Oct 15, 2006
After looking at NYCavalier's Woodbury stock photos, I started wanting the mango mini! Since I live in CA, I asked my friend to go to the Woodbury and purchase the mango mini for me (luckily she was planning on going there anyways)! I called the store beforehand and they said there was only one mango mini left and I felt pressured! Anyways, the SA I talked to said that they don't usually hold the bag for customers but she said she could hold it for ~2hrs for me. She was not friendly but it was ok...

My friend bought the bag and have it shipped it to me from the store. I called again to the same SA to confirm the order and, she was VERY rude!!! I was a bit worried since my friend said that they don't provide the tracking number. And I wanted to ask about it in details but she said check back after 5 business day if I don't receive it. What??? What if it got lost? :cursing: I'm usually not at home and have to pickup the package from Fedex/UPS locations most of the time and I DO need the tracking number!!! I know the door tag thingy but since I'm living in an access controlled studio, the door tag tend to be misplaced frequently!!!

I tried to ask more questions but she interrupted in the middle of my sentence several times and trying to hang up!!!! :mad: Her attitude was literally like "I've already sold the bag and it's not returnable. Don't bother me anymore." Are all the SAs at Woodbury rude like her?
Is it true that they don't provide the tracking number? Should I talk to the store manager?

I'm very worried now... :cry:

Last edited:
Sorry about your experience. Don't worry too much though. Saks Chanel doesn't provide tracking #'s either, which is very frustrating!!!!! Don't panic unless your bag doesn't arrive. I'm sure it will be fine!

Thanks for the comforting words bfali! :flowers: I'm so used to getting the tracking # whenever I have my bag shipped from the store. I've never ordered my bags from Saks so didn't know Saks doesn't provide the tracking # either. It's very frustrating, isn't it? :tdown:
Besides the tracking number, the SA was one of the most unfriendly SAs I've ever encountered! Urrr....

Sorry about your experience. Don't worry too much though. Saks Chanel doesn't provide tracking #'s either, which is very frustrating!!!!! Don't panic unless your bag doesn't arrive. I'm sure it will be fine!

I heard that woodbury does not ship to customers. They never take phone orders for that reason so that may have been why the SA was rude. Although its not an excuse for the SA but it would be against their store policy.

burberryprncess: Glad to hear that they'll take 100% responsibility. I didn't know what to expect from Woodbury since it seems like they have their own rules!!! :huh: This experience makes me realize how customer friendly it is ordering from NM or BG. :sweatdrop:

pro_shopper: Apparently they do the in store purchase and ship the bag to other person since that's what my friend did for me. But maybe not taking phone orders make the SAs not phone conversation friendly??? :shucks: Still, I've never seen SAs trying to hangup several times while I'm talking... Sigh. I guess it's a price to pay for the discounted bag.

In a past life, I worked in retail.
I understand the SA was a little rude. The problem is that when you have customers lined up in front of you, and you're trying to handle someone on the phone as well, it can be a little hard to keep the smile in your voice.
Stay calm and wait for your package. I'm sure everything will be fine.
Do keep us informed. I hope you love your bag.

Thanks, gacats. Maybe I worry too much and it made me a bit edgy. :s I'm always super anxious until I have the bag in my hand. :sweatdrop:

In a past life, I worked in retail.
I understand the SA was a little rude. The problem is that when you have customers lined up in front of you, and you're trying to handle someone on the phone as well, it can be a little hard to keep the smile in your voice.
Stay calm and wait for your package. I'm sure everything will be fine.
Do keep us informed. I hope you love your bag.

Chanel has used Fed Ex for me and I never get the tracking from my SA but I'm sure it is trackable and insured- I have not had problems with receiving items from Chanel before.

But no reason to be rude. People are rude because they don't know how to enjoy their life IMO and make others feel miserable like them, so don't think of it or let their demon get to you! When you're awesome, you're always awesome.

burberryprncess: Glad to hear that they'll take 100% responsibility. I didn't know what to expect from Woodbury since it seems like they have their own rules!!! :huh: This experience makes me realize how customer friendly it is ordering from NM or BG. :sweatdrop:

pro_shopper: Apparently they do the in store purchase and ship the bag to other person since that's what my friend did for me. But maybe not taking phone orders make the SAs not phone conversation friendly??? :shucks: Still, I've never seen SAs trying to hangup several times while I'm talking... Sigh. I guess it's a price to pay for the discounted bag.

Ok thats nice to know! I agree though that the SA should not have been so rude... Anyways jainstein no need to worry i'm sure she will get the bag to you safely! :smile:

That store is called Chanel boutique and supposedly be in same corp but definitely do not feel the same as the boutiques in the city. Very often, I find only one or two SAs to be on the floor. I know they have less traffic than a regular boutique but the last time I was there, there was only ONE SA on the floor. She was to show the items to the customers, ring up transactions, and answer all the calls.

I've actually spoke to her before leaving to make sure they have what I wanted. And you know what? They almost never hold anything for anyone. I think you were very lucky they at least did 2 hr hold. They aren't supposed to do lot of things over the phone. No transactions, no stock update, no holds & not even discuss the price. It's all corp rules and they are expected to follow them.

My past experiences there tells me the SAs there are definitely not snobbish or full of it like many of the ones in the city. But with very limited stock and lots of oddballs out of those limited stock, they aren't also as knowledgable nor passionate about the goods being sold or even perhaps their job.

I would not worry about the tracking number. I've never gotten one when I buy from Chanel boutiques. And I never really had to ask for it since they all came in 2 days as promised. Was there any discussion of how many days it takes when your friend bought the bag besides calling back after 5 days of no delivery? Even if she happens to have tracking number, I wouldn't be surprised to hear how that is also not to be discussed over the phone.

oh my gosh! jainstein I am sooo sorry the SA was so rude!!! I would not be worried about your package though, hopefully your (SUPER CUTE!!) mini will arrive safely in CA. And if it does not arrive -- that is their bad, not yours. I'm sure they get phone calls all the time asking if they do phone orders, which I'm sure they are annoyed with -- but that is no reason to be rude.

Again, I am sorry about the whole situation -- but hopefully it will all turn out for the better when you have your beautiful mango mini! :hugs:

Wow, that's awful :sad:... customer service has really gone down the toilet these days. :nogood: I'm 1000% sure your adorable bag will arrive to you safely, no worries. :flowers: It sucks that Chanel does not offer any sort of tracking, but if (and this won't be the case!) it doesn't arrive, it's all on them! I can't wait to see your mini mango (I have her big sis, the medium)! :love:

I've actually ordered from Saks once, and I asked the SA to provide tracking, and he did. BG, Nordstrom also provide tracking. But I've never have chanel boutiques shipped to me directly.

OP, Sorry about the SA's attitude. Even if she has a customer right in front of her, I think she should still ask you to leave your number so she can call you back with the info you need. It's a little strange that they can't give you the tracking... I'm sure your package will arrive safely... can't wait to see ur pics!

PS. pls share with us at the Mini thread, it'll be the first mango!!