No room for a cabat in my life...

glamstudio

O.G.
May 8, 2006
As much as I enjoyed drooling at everyone's lovely cabat here... all the PO, burnt marshmallow, ottone, orchid.... i did some soul searching and came to the conclusion that this is not the time to own one.

I have a more than healthy bank account, but with the kiddies still in pre-school, and me, thinking of being an SAHM soon, I have to prioritize things, and sadly, the cabat is just not up there on the top 5. (but it's in the top 10) :graucho:

so now, my dear BV friends, will i still be counted as a full-fledged member here, if i don't own the one icon bag?

i'm really proud of myself. it's normally DH who would talk me out of buying something, but this time around, i came to on my own :smile:

i need a double shot espresso

As much as I enjoyed drooling at everyone's lovely cabat here... all the PO, burnt marshmallow, ottone, orchid.... i did some soul searching and came to the conclusion that this is not the time to own one.

I have a more than healthy bank account, but with the kiddies still in pre-school, and me, thinking of being an SAHM soon, I have to prioritize things, and sadly, the cabat is just not up there on the top 5. (but it's in the top 10) :graucho:

so now, my dear BV friends, will i still be counted as a full-fledged member here, if i don't own the one icon bag?

i'm really proud of myself. it's normally DH who would talk me out of buying something, but this time around, i came to on my own :smile:

i need a double shot espresso
I believe a lot of us here wished we had your strength.... At least I started out partly like you, got one and said 'right, that is it'... less than a year later I am on no.4 already and I want to learn how to stop !

I mean, I managed to stop smoking 4 packs a day from one day to the next without patches, gum or anything else.. how come this is so hard ?

I wish you all the luck and strength to keep your convictions (and your money in your pocket). Well done and of course, keep on coming back. EVERYONE is a special member here !!!!!

glamstudio, MAJOR props to you for being clear, level-headed and focused about your priorities! :tup:

As beautiful as cabats are, nothing beats gorgeous kiddies and a healthy bank account!! :yahoo:

Please, please stay here and as we all share in everyone's excitement and happiness on all things Bottega Veneta.

I love your honesty....such class! :hugs:

I don't have a cabat and purely the same reason as yours...I need to prioritize my life as my son is still quite young and he needs proper education, after school classes (swimming, piano, karate etc) and also leisure/travel expenses...

so ONE day when it is the right time, I believe the dream bag would just show up from no where and it will be yours for sure. Thats what I keep telling myself :P

Well done, glamstudio. There is nothing wrong having no cabat. Many of us here do not, and I don't either. But whether I get one or not, I always enjoy coming here to enjoy and drool over all the beautiful bags. I'm sure a cabat will come to you at the right time.

Oh you silly girl!! Of course you're Welcome!! :biggrin: ALWAYS!! :biggrin:

I love your willpower! Perhaps I'll rethink my future purchases too... regardless of brand. My DH always asks me if I really need all my purses ... of course in my mind it's, "Yes I really need it!! It's a limited edition or its a special bag being discontinued"... whatever the excuse I should take your example and think rationally like you did! :woohoo:

Thank you for being a dose of reality!! Kudos to you!! And that Perfect HG cabat or other bag will be there when the timing is right!! See you here on the BV threads! :biggrin:

Well, they'll have to kick me out if owning a Cabat is essential to being a true BV lover. There are so many of us who, due to lifestyle or finances simply don't have one and may never have one. So what? The great thing about BV is there are styles for all of us.

It's more important to understand yourself and your needs along with the reasonable wants. You are doing that.

BV makes so many different bags, the beauty of this section is that everyone has different tastes, it is not important what people own - some BV or no BV. I think it's far more important to actually use what you own imo. Everyone is welcome.:flowers:

As someone a few comments above me said, being able to prioritize your life and make wise -albeit a bit painful - decisions is a quality no bag possession could ever surpass.

So big congrats on your decision dear...I don't want to sound dramatic, but I know how hard saying 'no' can be. No matter if the thing you say 'no' to is something as (relatively) small and (considered by most) shallow as a bag. You have every reason to be proud of yourself.

That said: I don't own a Cabat and I don't think I ever will. On this front, I agree with boxermom and Sammyjoe :smile:

*hugs*

BV makes so many different bags, the beauty of this section is that everyone has different tastes, it is not important what people own - some BV or no BV. I think it's far more important to actually use what you own imo. Everyone is welcome.:flowers:

I agree with this, as well as many of the comments already posted.

One thing I love about the BV sub-forum here is that the members are supportive and non-judgmental about each others' choices. It's not a competition, and the Cabat is not a trophy--at least I don't see it that way. At bottom, it's just a bag.

And actually, as far as "the one" icon bag is concerned, I think the Veneta would be in the running, too.