Voyage d' Hermès

I liked it but it smells a lot like other Hermes fragrances - Ellena LOVES using vetiver. It is always such a predominant note that it's sometimes hard to tell one from another.

^^ very interesting

It certainly travels 'quickly', in terms of a scent it develops one 'note' after another in fast succession. Perhaps this is what the name/scent was supposed to achieve. Complex in development but not so much in depth.

I do prefer the scent I wear to delvelop a little slower.

As for the 'animalistic' element - it doesn't surprise me that this would inspire a love/hate indifferent people. I love(d) My Kingdom by Alexander McQueen but I always wear it in privite (my BF thinks that it and Gucci II (men's) remind him of Church (he was an alter boy). There is an erotic undertone to Voyage but not in the same way as Terre.

I will stick to Terre to buy for my BF and to 'borrow' but I would not excahnge Voyage if it were a gift.

When I was at the Hermes boutique I was told it was unisex? It smells similar to Un Jardin sur le Nil to me but again they all smell pretty similar, my hubby did not like it on me so I guess I will stick with my Eau de Merveilles

I didn't try it but surely will!
I have a question.
I was given some samples of Hermessence and wore Osmanthe sometimes, but it flied away quickly. after a few hours you wouldn't tell I was wearing perfume.
did this happened to someone else too? It was nothing like Un jardin après la mousson, you could smell it the day after too!

LOL!!!!!

This thread cracks me up.....I can't wear H scents no matter how hard I try.

I stick with my tried and true couple of perfumes and leave the H scents to others.

After 24h : I really don't like it at all ! I smells like most of the Ellena other sents , a huge disappointment . Here is a quote from a blog that sums it up pretty well :

" It pretty much smells like Jardin sur le nil + sweaty socks. A journey from the Nile to India, without the time to take a bath. Of cos, being a work of JCE, this is sweaty socks that is actually agreeable. An interesting fragrance .. not pretty .. but interesting."