envelop, flat clutch or giant traveller, which is the best clutch?

Dec 14, 2006
Hi ladies i need some help!

i'm thinking of getting a bal clutch and i'm not sure which is the best choice out of the three: envelop, flat clutch and giant traveller. (i'm looking for a GH/CGH clutch), i don't have any balenciaga clutch so any advice/comparison pics would be greatly appreciated!! TIA :smile:

Oooh i loooove the envelop! it's just so classy :smile:

next choice would be the flat clutch and then the giant traveller.

eta: though i think the flat clutch would be easiest to hold/carry, if that worries you at all.

I have an Envelope and a Traveller.

I like the Envelope for more formal occasions. I find that it is a bit cumbersome to carry for daily wear, but it is a lovely clutch and is a great compliment to an occasion dress.

The Traveller will carry almost as must as the Envelope, but it is slightly smaller and I find it more practical for everyday use. It is a bit more structured, which makes it easier to grasp.

Personally, I would avoid CGH in a clutch because there is a greater chance to scratch it up with your fingernails, darken by contact with skin oils, etc. If you are set on CGH, then I would probably opt for the Flat Handle (which I believe is even larger than the Envelope), because you will have a better chance of keeping the hardware in new condition.

Let us know what you pick!! :smile:

I love both the Envelope and the Flat Clutch. I'm not a fan of the Traveller.
The Envelope is a bit more elegant imo but the Flat CLutch is really practical because of the strap.

I love both the Envelope and the Flat Clutch. I'm not a fan of the Traveller.
The Envelope is a bit more elegant imo but the Flat CLutch is really practical because of the strap.

This! I own both and they each have their own specific purpose. My Envelope is used when I go out to dinner, attend a function or a party. My Flat clutch is used on days I don't feel like carrying much and it's just a great all-around casual clutch. I brought it with me to a basketball game and it was perfect in a situation where I knew I wouldn't have a place to rest my bag.

You can't go wrong with either. It all depends on your lfiestyle!

This! I own both and they each have their own specific purpose. My Envelope is used when I go out to dinner, attend a function or a party. My Flat clutch is used on days I don't feel like carrying much and it's just a great all-around casual clutch. I brought it with me to a basketball game and it was perfect in a situation where I knew I wouldn't have a place to rest my bag.

You can't go wrong with either. It all depends on your lfiestyle!

ita

Just want to add that I've brought my Flat Clutch to a couple of concerts - it's perfect for that.

I have the Envelope Clutch and the Traveller and I love them both! The Envelope is a little more formal. The Traveller has several compartments so it definitely keeps your stuff organized and, as the name implies, it's it a pratcital little purse to bring in your larger bag when you are going on a trip. So it depends on what will suit you best;)

woah thanks so much for your advices ladies!!! :smile:

like i said i've always wanted a bal clutch but couldn't decide which model to get!! i was rather set on the envelop at first, but i wanted it in a POP color, such as amethyst!! but i've been searching high and low for it for a while but no luck so far ):

and i chanced upon an amethyst giant traveller recently and now am wondering if i should get it in the traveller instead! i've never thought much about the traveller and now i'm wondering if i should consider it since there's one available in amethyst!!

what do you girls think? should i wait - in that case i might have to till SS 11, or whenever till balenciaga decides to release a bright color/amethyst lookalike? or settle for amethyst in giant traveller?

i'm curious abt the flat clutch as well since so many ladies rave about it here but i haven't seen on IRL! i'm not too bothered about how the clutch is carried cos i'm used to carrying it between my arm and the side of my body (apparently not the best way to carry clutches lol! )

Last edited:
here are som pics of the Traveller and compared to the EC, maybe this would help!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

i was deciding between the flat and envelope clutch too...

for those with the flat clutch, how do you carry it? hang it from the wristlet? isn't it too big and bulky for that?

Hi Sillygoose I have all three of the them. Personaly I would pick the envelope clutch 1st then the flat clutch and lastly the traveller. I have used my envelope clutch the most, fantastic for evening or even just shopping. The flat clutch is great if you want to carry a few more items. I have never use the traveller, still waiting for an opportunity! But whichever clutch you choose you can't go wrong as all three clutches are beautiful!! Good luck with your decision. :biggrin:

i was deciding between the flat and envelope clutch too...

for those with the flat clutch, how do you carry it? hang it from the wristlet? isn't it too big and bulky for that?

Duckiee I just carry it with the strap around my wrist or just hold it. I personally do not find it too big or bulky, it is actually quite comfortable.