Is it possible to get a 30cm Birkin for US$3500?

I would definitely question its authenticity as well if it's ever sold for this low even preowned. You can find some deals on ebay or consignment shops, but if you do find one, please post the pics on the athentication thread here on the forum before you buy it. There are many experts here to help you. Make sure you get it authenticated here, its very helpful and will save you a lot of grief and heartache. Also please refer to the list of reputable resellers on tpf if you choose to go with resellers on ebay. Do not purchase it before you get it authenticated!

If I were you, i would be patient (umm, tougher than it sounds) and save up a little more and buy it from the H store or reputable reseller for a piece of mind. I wouldn't take the risk! This is an investment, so its wiser to use your head and not just your emotions in purchasing this item which you'll keep for a long time.

Last edited:
Do Kellys depreciated faster than Birkins? I thought that they are both sought after styles.

Kelly bags have benn produced for more than 60 years, so there are many more used Kellys on the market, than there are used Birkins (production started in the mid 80's)
The value of a used Kelly depends on many parameters. This is why you can find used Kellys at all price range, starting at about 25% of curent retail for a very vintage , to 30 % more than retail for an exceptional recent piece in new condition.

Wasn't there a 40 Birkin (well, not a 30 I know) in black Ardennes going for I think 3500 euros (4800 usd) on luxury-shops a few weeks ago? It sold immediately, but at least it means they are around for a more decent price (still much more that 3500 usd though).