Non-performing seller

giagnm

O.G.
Feb 11, 2009
I won and paid for a bag on March 7 with a best offer that the seller accepted. After two polite emails requesting the tracking number the seller has not responded and I still don't have the bag as of today, March 15. I really want the bag so how much longer should I wait before opening a case?

March 7th was a Sunday, if we assume seller posted shipment on Monday, and 5 working shipping days last week, then you might not see it as early as this week (mid to late) if shipped USPS PS. Not sure where seller is in relation to you (US to US) but let's see if item arrives first, then you can leave non-happy contact message or FB about how seller was reluctant to return messages to buyer.

Did they state in their auction what kind of shipping method they use? If they didn't use priority or express and used first class you have time still. First class is slow!

Thanks Bunny, I am in the US like the seller.

Ophelia87, she is providing free standard flat rate shipping with no specific delivery date.

This is the second email I sent after no response from the first email. "Hi again. If you changed your mind and can't ship the bag let me know. I can be pretty reasonable. I don't mind getting a refund if something has come up. Otherwise, do send the tracking number if you intend to ship. Thanks."

I called ebay and the CS rep wanted to open the case right away but I wanted to give her to at least today to see if the bag shows up. Also, I'm wondering if something happened to the seller and she's unable to ship since she has great feedback. Life does happen sometimes.

Last edited:
Thanks Bunny, I am in the US like the seller.

Ophelia87, she is providing free standard flat rate shipping with no specific delivery date.

This is the second email I sent after no response from the first email. "Hi again. If you changed your mind and can't ship the bag let me know. I can be pretty reasonable. I don't mind getting a refund if something has come up. Otherwise, do send the tracking number if you intend to ship. Thanks."

I called ebay and the CS rep wanted to open the case right away but I wanted to give her to at least today to see if the bag shows up. Also, I'm wondering if something happened to the seller and she's unable to ship since she has great feedback. Life does happen sometimes.

I think you have a great attitude. I have had people not shipe for a week. Then it takes anothewr week to get here. I think 2 weeks in a really long time, but to some it isn't. Give it a couple more days and then file and INR. has she listed anything lately? Do you see any signs she might have been on ebay?

I think you have a great attitude. I have had people not shipe for a week. Then it takes anothewr week to get here. I think 2 weeks in a really long time, but to some it isn't. Give it a couple more days and then file and INR. has she listed anything lately? Do you see any signs she might have been on ebay?

Thank you:smile:. She sold two more items after mine but she has not listed anything new. Here's her feedback profile http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller
She seems like a decent seller which is why I'll wait a few more days before I do anything. It does not seem like she has been active other than accepting my best offer after one day.

Thank you:smile:. She sold two more items after mine but she has not listed anything new. Here's her feedback profile http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller
She seems like a decent seller which is why I'll wait a few more days before I do anything. It does not seem like she has been active other than accepting my best offer after one day.

It looks like she doesn't sell a ton. Only 3 in the last 6 mos. Also her communiation stars are done. I am not saying she is a bad seller, but it could explain why and that she doesn't communicate very well. I am sure it will get there.

perhaps wait another couple of days.. not always a good sign when you have

a noncommunicative buyer or seller for that matter.. would wait and if you don't

get your bag or a response, just file INR..you can't be expected to keep chasing

this seller for basic and simple shipping info...

perhaps wait another couple of days.. not always a good sign when you have

a noncommunicative buyer or seller for that matter.. would wait and if you don't

get your bag or a response, just file INR..you can't be expected to keep chasing

this seller for basic and simple shipping info...

Thanks! I'll give the seller until Thursday to respond and then take it from there.

The fact that she has not answered my emails has me worried.

some sellers just don't answer emails. doesn't mean that anything is wrong.
i have had a couple of sellers like this but the item arrived perfectly. "free standard flat rate shipping" could mean parcel post as someone stated since a few days has passed and no package.
if you have not recieved/heard from seller by thursday then i would do as you said.

You can open a case 7 days after the listing ends. I think you should open it right away since she has not responded to your messages. Here is the info off of ebay:

If you haven't received an item, you can open a case 3 days after the estimated delivery date (if available) or 7 days after the listing ended (if no estimated delivery date was provided).If you received an item and it doesn't match the seller's description, you can open a case right away. You must open a case within 45 days of the end of the listing.

The seller has 7 days from the time you open the case to reply.

You should receive a refund within 3 days of the seller promising a refund or within 10 days of the seller receiving the returned item. If you haven't received a refund by then, please contact eBay through the Resolution Center, and we'll work with the seller to provide you a refund

In the rare situation where a seller doesn't reply to you or follow through, eBay will review the case. If we determine you're owed a full refund, we'll ask you to send the item back to the seller, and we'll issue you a refund within 3 days of the seller receiving the item.

I hope this helps!