Which MJ would YOU give up?

BagHound

O.G.
Jun 10, 2006
Thinking of letting one of my bags go... so I can add a new one to my collection. But can't decide which to part with! Here's the list of what I have:

Black LE Stella (no way I am letting this one go)
White Stella (love this one, too)
Chili Hudson (gorgeous, but wondering if I'm out of love with it)
Silver Venetia (but metallics are so in for Spring, but I rarely carry it)
Black Diane (love this one, especially for travel)
Cola Ursula tote (good business travel bag)
Cola Ursula hobo (just got this... definitely a keeper... need a small bag)

Thoughts, everyone? UGH it's so hard to think of parting with one! Next question is, based on the list above... what bag and in what color would be a good choice to round out my current collection? Can't wait to hear your feedback!

I'd get rid of the metallic Venetia too, not sure of how well it'd be on the resale, though... Probably the Hudson would be the best money maker?

From your post, Silver Venetia and Chili Hudson are the top 2 to-go choices. If you are no longer in love with Hudson, then let it go. If you don't see yourself using Silver Venetia, giver her up as well.

It's said that metallic and patent styles are trendy, but they are back every season (for the past few years at least). If you love & use your Silver Venetia, that wouldn't be an issue; the downside of metallic bags is they rub off over time no matter what brand it is. I bought and plan on getting more patent leather bags, I love mine. =)

Let us know what you decide.

Thinking of letting one of my bags go... so I can add a new one to my collection. But can't decide which to part with! Here's the list of what I have:

Black LE Stella (no way I am letting this one go)
White Stella (love this one, too)
Chili Hudson (gorgeous, but wondering if I'm out of love with it)
Silver Venetia (but metallics are so in for Spring, but I rarely carry it)
Black Diane (love this one, especially for travel)
Cola Ursula tote (good business travel bag)
Cola Ursula hobo (just got this... definitely a keeper... need a small bag)

Thoughts, everyone? UGH it's so hard to think of parting with one! Next question is, based on the list above... what bag and in what color would be a good choice to round out my current collection? Can't wait to hear your feedback!

From my experience, I, too, am moving out some of my bags to make room for newer purchases, and must let go of some MJ's,-- the Venetia is usually a good seller, it is one of the classics, and I agree with the posts above, the metallic can be replaced. If you no longer love the Hudson, maybe it's time for it to go also........decisions!!

Okay, so despite the fact that I love it, sounds as though I'll be letting the metallic Venetia go. Just can't decide about the Hudson. It is SO gorgeous, and every time I carry it, I get compliments. But that's just it... with a newborn in tow, I carry it rarely (as in, only when he's not with me... which is rare) and it won't fit comfortably over my shoulder. Might need to be sedated to sell it, however... as letting that one go might sting! So here's another question... how do those of you who let bags go decide what you'll sell them for? Mine are always in mint condition (you'd swear they've never been carried). What's the best way to determine how to price them? A certain percentage off retail, random price of choice? Curious to hear how everyone decides. (Chili Hudson is staring at me from across the room... she knows something is up!)