Taupe Matte vs. Dark Grey Matte

Hello all,

I just recently put in an order for a dark chocolate matte TME Midi (thanks to the lovely Contessa, who was the force behind the reordering of this leather). I am now considering a LM Midi.

I already have a LM Midi in taupe matte that I purchased on Bonz. I'm wondering if there is much of a color difference between the taupe matte and the dark grey matte? I've seen the tags against the different colored linings on another thread, and to me they seem very similiar.

Could you help me out? What are your opinions on the two leathers? Are they different enough that the dark grey matte won't seem like a repeat?

Thanks.

I think they are different enough. I have both ... I have to run out, but when I come back I'll take some pics side by side (if no one else has any handy to post). To me they are two different tones ... the Taupe isn't a true grey, it definitely has a bit of brown to it and is lighter. And the dark grey is just a pure gorgeous darker grey.

Gingersierra!!! Love Ya!

Here are some pics........I LOVE both, but for sentimental purposes I prefer the dark grey matte.

You can't go wrong with either though!

MY delicious dark gery matte LM

HgBEDarkGreyI.jpg

Taupe matte

TaupeLMII.jpg

Wow Contessa, that dark grey certainly does look yummy! Is that subtle shine the pantina that the BE website mentions happens to the dark grey, or did you treat the leather?

Thanks Suzi for your thoughts. I too was thinking that the taupe seems more usable during warmer weather.

I own the taupe matte and I LOVE it. I don't have dark gray matte but for me, the taupe matte fills my desires for a grey bag so I don't feel like I need to order both.
If I ever get rid of my taupe matte I would certainly consider a dark grey matte bag, but for now, I think I only need one.
Of course I say this w/o ever seeing dark gray in real life. Who knows what I would be saying if I saw it in real life. I know it looks so gorgeous in the pictures, but again, for me, the taupe matte is gray enough for me.

Oh and over time it's getting a bit darker? It's broken in fabulously and has interesting lines and wrinkles -- reminds me of an elephant. I just love taupe matte! (And I'm sure I would equally love dark grey too :graucho:) OK I'm rambling now. I'll stop :tup:

I own the taupe matte and I LOVE it. I don't have dark gray matte but for me, the taupe matte fills my desires for a grey bag so I don't feel like I need to order both.
If I ever get rid of my taupe matte I would certainly consider a dark grey matte bag, but for now, I think I only need one.
Of course I say this w/o ever seeing dark gray in real life. Who knows what I would be saying if I saw it in real life. I know it looks so gorgeous in the pictures, but again, for me, the taupe matte is gray enough for me.

Oh and over time it's getting a bit darker? It's broken in fabulously and has interesting lines and wrinkles -- reminds me of an elephant. I just love taupe matte! (And I'm sure I would equally love dark grey too :graucho:) OK I'm rambling now. I'll stop :tup:

I totally agree. I got the taupe matte as well hoping it would fulfill my grey needs and it does!